Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
colin4k

When will the new firmware for HongKong be released?

We are looking forward to the new firmware!

Punch Card
Obrut

Re: When will the new firmware for HongKong be released?

Don't expect new firmware anytime soon or any support from Lenovo staff in this forum.

The only information they gave is that the ROW update is planned for 11/10 which maybe means 10 Nov 2011. No explanation why or whatever other information.

JaneL

[ Edited ]
A release date is a release date. What needs to be explained about that?

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Punch Card
andreju

RW 10 of november-today? NO update in Slovenia-EU....

Punch Card
Obrut

JaneL wrote:
A release date is a release date. What needs to be explained about that?

You (Lenovo) need to explain why the different release dates for different regions. The reason for this is that you create extreme customer dissatisfaction in regions other than US, UK and WE (in this specific case). If you present credible reasons for this decision you'll ease the tension among your customers.

Learn from the mistakes of others and not just your own. Other vendors have made such mistakes before leading to more damage than benefits.

SCSI Port
shonangreg

[ Edited ]

JaneL, it is 11/10 11/11 11/12 here in Japan, and when I check for system updates I am told that my system is current. Would you please explain this to me? Thank you.

ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0024_0065_JP

1838CTO

EDIT: My TPT would not give me an on-screen keyboard to compose my message. I'm having to use my netbook for this . . .

EDIT 2: I couldn't edit this message on my TPT either. I'm guessing this will be fixed with the <i>upcoming</i> OTA update . . .

Punch Card
feskey

U.S. time, which is tomorrow...
Paper Tape
colin4k

Who can tell me when the update will be released? It seemed that my another thread about the release date was deleted. Lenovo let me very disappointed even if am from China.

SCSI Port
shonangreg

[ Edited ]

Did any of you in China or Hong Kong get the update? Nothing here in Japan . . .

And btw, JaneL, I think the original problem, what needed to be explained, is what "11/10" means. November 10, 2011 in America is written in short as 11/10/2011 (or 11/10/11), in Europe as 10/11/2011, and in Asia as 2011/11/10. Using American non-systemtatic shorthand for dates is guaranteed to be confusing in an international forum. The Asian format is obvious for anyone in the world; it goes systematically from largest to smallest timeframe.