Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
pilgrimredux
Accepted Solution

did the pen get more sensitive?

Hi all. Currently in meeting using Lecture Notes to make notes, and suddenly pen seems to be super sensitive, making lines on screej when not even touching it and - worse - joining up with lines all points as if pen never removed from the screen. very odd. Looked at settings, played with hardware and software settings, can't get it back to how it was. After an hour switched to Quill and find the same problem there! have I gone mad? I set the tpt to do 20+ updates last night, has something affected this or has my playing with my pen/battery (which I was) somehow made it more sensitive?

thanks in advance,
Rob
Punch Card
pilgrimredux

Re: did the pen get more sensitive?

ok, fixed it myself - by taking pen apart again.... pretty odd, so be aware that how you've screwed your pen together can affect its sensitivity... [last time I do that..]. Apologies for generating (mostly unnecessary) noise.
Token Ring
Thjalfi

Actually, in the 6 months that I now use the TPT, this issue has come up once in the beginning (maybe the first two weeks). After removing the battery and putting it back in all went back to normal and the isse hasn't resurfaced. Still, strange thing.

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
Punch Card
mrgerlo

Actually thats the stylus' battery dying. It happened to my once, the first time I was trying the tablet to teach a class and it was very shameful

Just get new battteries and change it, it will be fine after that.

Token Ring
Thjalfi

Actually, it happened to me when the TPT was fairly new, so the battery should not have been dying. In any case, I also did not replace the battery, I just took it out and put it back in, and the issue has not occured again for many months.

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
WWAN
pghFL

Agreed. Not a battery issue, although changing out the battery does fix it short term. It is a stylus issue. Got one with the problem and returned it.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
What's DOS?
karlhoffman_76

I experience the same problem after insertion of a NEW battery.  Ive discovered that it must be due to some sort of static build up from the old battery compounded by the charge from the new battery.  My solution was to take the new battery out and insert it in reverse polarity, screwing the cap in and then removing it and inserting it in the correct polarity, thus reversing any residual charge build up affecting the sensitivity of the pen.

WWAN
pghFL

Interesting fix and I also thought that might be the issue.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
jiv
802.11n
jiv

Is this a pen defect that is covered by warranty? Because this problem is getting very annoying. I'm missing important notes in classes.

WWAN
pghFL

I think it's a pen by pen situation. If I were you I'd just buy a new one and move on.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO