Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
kc0711

lenovo start up page-get rid of

I have a thinkpad tablet. When I start up the tablet, the lenovo logo comes on and swirls around for almost a minute. I want to get rid of that and go directly to my homepage. I have tried factory reset, but do not know how to delete this start up page.

It is making my tablet very slow.

Punch Card
pr0f

Re: lenovo start up page-get rid of

Instead of shutting down your tablet you can put it to sleep by clicking the "power on" button. Avoid to push the button too long...

Punch Card
Flaco

pr0f wrote:

Instead of shutting down your tablet you can put it to sleep by clicking the "power on" button. Avoid to push the button too long...

This method will drain your battery way more quickly.  I have found that the boot time (with the swirling Lenovo logo) is much shorter after the 86 OTA upgrade.

jiv
802.11n
jiv

I don't mind it flashing once or twice, or even the waiting time. What really annoys me is the repetitiveness. A simple static logo with a progress bar (like Windows XP) would be sufficient. Small issue though, I doubt anyone would bother with this.

802.11n
p600

[ Edited ]

The animation is a set of PNG files inside zip archive in /system/media/bootanimation.zip . If your device is rooted, you can probably change the bitmaps to smth else. It's  unlikely that changing/removing the boot animation will considerably speed up the boot (TPT cold boots pretty fast after _7x update, faster than iPod Touch for example).

There is also /system/media/video.mp4  with a little ad video from Compal, who're probably the actual manufacturer of the TPT.

802.11n
slpin

you shoudlnt be shutting down your tablet completely - it is mean tto be "always on" and just "sleep"

if it is draining too much/fast, there is some programs keeping your tablet awake - check about-> battery usage - and see if it is staying awake when teh screen is off
802.11n
ameridian

jiv wrote:

I don't mind it flashing once or twice, or even the waiting time. What really annoys me is the repetitiveness. A simple static logo with a progress bar (like Windows XP) would be sufficient. Small issue though, I doubt anyone would bother with this.

Must be good times if that's all you're worrying about. Let the thing sleep instead of shutting down and get a dock if for some reason battery drain is a problem. Lenovo has them for $39.00 now;

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/itemdetails/0A33953/38/DBA092A7A5CD4E598362EF6B5A5A916B

Token Ring
steinAK

[ Edited ]

I just did a quick rebuild of bootanimation.zip on a PC after rotating the images so they would show correctly when booting in portrait, i.e. in the dock. To be honest, it looks like someone didn't know what they were doing when they built this animation for Lenovo. Image dimensions were all over the place. The Desc.txt was not within spec.

The key is to use WINRAR to create a compression-less (store) bootanimation.zip of your adjusted files.

If you'd like an improved boot animation that is geared to Portrait mode
download the one I made here:

http://everyrandom.com/files/download.php?file=167bootanimation.zip

Instructions: [ROOT] of course

save linked file to Thinkpad Tablet

using Root Explorer, I had to make /system/media/ re-writable

using Root Explorer, rename /system/media/bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.old

using Root Explorer, copy new bootanimation.zip into /system/media/

exit and shut down

reboot and enjoy!

Learn all about android boot animations here:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-change-customize-create-android-boot-animation-guide/