Support in other languages: 
SCSI Port
shonangreg

system backups? Especially prior to first boot? TPT can connect to USB DVD drives?

Does anyone know of a way to make a system backup for the TPT? I used a bootable CloneZilla CD to make an image of the hard drive (actually an SSD) of my DELL mini9 ubuntu netbook. The first boot was into CloneZilla, not booting from the SSD, so I have a virgin image I can restore any time. CloneZilla is good for backups in general, btw, especially if you have small partitions for the boot OS . . .

CloneZilla only supports x86/x86-64 processors, so it won't work for ARM-based tablets. Is there anything else?

Will the TPT even boot via a USB-connected CD/DVD drive? I don't even know if the TPT can read USB DVD drives at all. Has anyone watched a DVD via USB on their TPT?

USB memory sticks can also be sued to boot many PC's. Does the TPT read the USB ports for bootable devices upon boot?

Thanks for any feedback.

SCSI Port
shonangreg

Re: system backups? Especially prior to first boot? TPT can connect to USB DVD drives?

Are there any flash images to put in the root of the SD card that could do full system images/backups/restores? Isn't this type of bootable image that is used in a android version update or reflashing to Cyanogenmod or one of the other ROMs? Or are we limited to less-than-full-system images?

Just for apps, is using something like appbrain's app synchronization function the best way to experiment with different ROMs being able to resynch all apps after an OS change? A Fresh install of everything would result -- with user data coming over in a separate process.

Greg