Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
melaleuca

thinkpad tablet shutting down by itself

OK, guys this totally sucks. I bought the tinkpad tablet almost 3 weeks now and this kind of thing happens 3 times already.

Problem:

The machine shuts down by itself for no reason and then restarts. OK, just when I thought everything is all good to go, the same thing happens again. The gap between each time is about 2 minutes, then it just keep repeating this problem until ( i don't know how many times , i lost count) I reset it into the factory defult setting. So I lost all the data and had to go over the same thing all over again.

I had enough of this useless product.

I don't know if it is a hardware problem or is it something not right with the software.

Do you guys have the same problem like mine ?

Lenovo please fix these strange problems with the tablet, it just got so many bugs , it is not funny.

WWAN
pghFL

Re: thinkpad tablet shutting down by itself

Every time I had a similar problem it was software related. Try uninstalling the last app.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
last_login

Re: thinkpad tablet shutting down by itself

Hi melaleuca,

my TPT did that too. I came to the conclusion that it could not be software related, because it happend also shortly after factory reset with no additional software installed.
And after an hotline- and repair odyssee, I now get a new mainboard.
I had to send it in twice before they believed me and found something... Or just give me a new mainboard to shut me up.
I have to admit that diagnostics are a bit complicated when the tablet does something like that, because the crashes were in my case totally unpredictable and I found no reproducible reason. Also, there showed nothing in the logs...