Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
is1981
Accepted Solution

what ICS release will be available on the ThinkPad Tablet?

Hello.

I would like to know what ICS release will be available on our slates. Will it be 4.0.1 or 4.0.3? I understand it will be not 4.0.2, as this release seems too Galaxy Nexus targeted. ICS 4.0.3 would be a nice target not only because it includes stability fixes, in my opinion stability is the weakest area on Android, but also because it is planned as the reference ICS release. From http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/12/android-403-platform-and-updated-sdk.html:

"Going forward, we’ll be focusing our partners on Android 4.0.3 as the base version of Ice Cream Sandwich."

If it will be 4.0.1, are there plans to move to 4.0.3 in the future?

Cheers,
Igor.
Lenovo Staff
bsnf

Re: what ICS release will be available on the ThinkPad Tablet?

The ICS release will be 4.0.3.

802.11n
is1981

Thank you very much for this information. I am sure, it will be a great release and a valuable upgrade.
Punch Card
jck_dnt

Yes, it will... except for the fact that it will be rolled out with huge delay and full of buggs.

Punch Card
Sepemulle

now dont be a sceptic! ;-) It will be rolled out in perfect timing well baked and prepaird!
WWAN
pghFL

Thank you for the info.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
HDMI
barbfxshow

ICS schedule as sticky, please. Re: what ICS release will be available on the ThinkPad Tablet?

I've read back through a month of comments, and I can find no updates on the progress of getting ICS ready. I can't even find any messages here saying when the originally targetted date was.

Since we are getting close to whenever it was, could we get such a thread put up as a sticky? OTA 2 and 2.5 are old hat by now. At least mention the projected date and say if any changes have been announced. Otherwise people are going to start asking more and more and cluttering the forums.

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸