Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
blakmoon91

Cant get into BIOS via DEL key, screen goes blank on load RD240

Hello group, having an issue with a RD240 rackmount server attempting to bring it online for the first time. Currently in a one CPU configuration with one stick on RAM in the correct slot, using SAS. When the computer first boots prompting you to hit either DEL or TAB those keyboard commands are non-effective. Once it bypasses that screen it will move towards the LSI connfiguration utility. If you hit Ctrl +C it will say that the utility will become active after initialization. The screen then  just goes blank. At that point I can hit Ctrl Alt Delete and it will reboot the server and then in the same mess again, Del is ignored, I can't boot off the CDROM, cleared the BIOS using the jumpers, nada. Any thoughts on this would be great, at this point I can't get in to configure and if I just let it boot always ends in a black screen. Checked the cables for the SAS and everything looks good across the board to me. Tried different RAM sticks, unplugging the SATA CDROM, etc. I can get into the Mgmt via the web and sensor show everything green across the board etc but something is borked. There is a LED screen on the mainboard with the number 78. I couldn't reference what that means. All drives I can hear click on, Cheetah 15k all around. Steady green light on bottom, top light out. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Lenovo Support Partner
Soundlab

Re: Can't get into BIOS via DEL key, screen goes blank on load RD240

Try pressing F1 at the Thinkserver Screen. When Setup Bios appears, you can exit out by pressing Esc.  After the screen goes blank, press Ctrl+H to get the Web Bios screen which will allow you to configure your server.  I hope that this will help.

Lenovo Support Partner
Soundlab

Re: Can't get into BIOS via DEL key, screen goes blank on load RD240

DID this help? Let me know when you can. Thanks.