Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
New2svr
Accepted Solution

SBS 2003 Prem R2 DVD

Hi I am new to server

I have new TS100 which purchased with no HDD as Lenovo SS SATA HDD were 30 days away I purchased IBM 500GB SATA SS HDD.

I have DVD with SBS 2003 Prem R2 through the MS Partner program.

EasyStartup copys the driver data to file on the USB then goes through the motions of partition the drive and seems to try to copy the operating system files. On reboot the MS PE Starts to load pauses then Wait message comes up. From then on its ground hog day as the server cycles through the boot process over and over.

Any one know what I'm Doing wrong?

I figured perhaps SBS is not supported by EasyStartup. However Trying to load setup directly from the DVD SBS fails to find the HDD.

Cant install drivers on floppy as none installed.

Paper Tape
bsethridge

Re: SBS 2003 Prem R2 DVD

I contacted Lenovo customer support after I had the same problem on two different servers.  I have a TD100 and a TS100 doing the exact same thing.  I am trying to load Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 on one and Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 on the other.  They both do the reboot thing.  The support technician that I spoke with really didn't have a clue.  He said that the ServerGuide CD version 8.1.01 that comes with the IBM 7973,74,75, and 76 models should work to load it.  I am downloading it now.  For anyone that would like to try that, you can get the download from the link below.

IBM ServerGuide 8.1.01

Paper Tape
bsethridge

Re: SBS 2003 Prem R2 DVD : SOLUTION

Obviously IBM / Lenovo server support didn't know whether to scratch their watch or wind their butt.  I was skeptical about the who ServerGuide CD download, but I tried it.  I also hated it.  It didn't recognize the server models as I anticipated.  

SOLUTION:

EasyStartup would not work with the media downloaded and burned from Microsoft.  We had to use a copy of the media from another client to load the servers using the new VLK.  I am not sure if this is just a problem with our downloads and burns or what, but it certainly didn't work. 

I have used these "home-made" Cd's from Microsoft before with no problem, so I am not really sure what the problem is. 

Paper Tape
New2svr

Re: SBS 2003 Prem R2 DVD : SOLUTION

Thanks for the replies.

Ended up using Acronis for SBS and Universal Restore.

Made a disk image of the old server and included the New System board drivers.

Acronis rebuilt the HAL and the new Server booted first time.  Its not cheap but saved Hrs of work rebuilding the server from scratch.