Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
dlabun
Accepted Solution

TD200 or x3500?

Is there any difference betwen the TD200 and a IBM x3500 M3? From the looks of it, they are the exact same machine supported by the exact same people. Am I correct?

erik

Re: TD200 or x3500?

given that IBM still owns a portion of Lenovo and are contracted to support the products, you're bound to see similarities in products like this.

both product lines are supported by IBM.   no shame in that. :smileywink:

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP

Token Ring
dlabun

That's what I thought, but I would have expected it to be easier to buy a Thinkserver over a System x. Is there any reason you cannot order a Thinkserver online? I'm attempted to go with the IBM purely because I can order it online.

erik

the difference is that Lenovo allows you to customize your server down to almost every detail or purchase a pre-configured model where IBM only sells pre-configured models.

if you want to buy a pre-configured ThinkServer, download the latest PSREF sheets and find a model through an authorized reseller.   many TopSeller models are in stock all over the US.

if you want a customized system then you can configure your server on lenovo.com, then simply call in with your configuration number.   a few minutes later and you're on your way.

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP