Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Accepted Solution

TS130-11051CU Raid Storage Console

[ Edited ]

Anyone have any idea what Windows RAID Storage Console I can use to monitor within Windows 2008R2 Foundation? I have it all configured during bootup just fine, but would like to be able to monitor from with Windows. Especially helpful for Remote Administration...

Thanx in advance!

Lenovo Employee

Re: TS130-11051CU Raid Storage Console

Are you using onboard or LSI card? I was thinking onboard is Intel which you would use the RST Console and if LSI controller use the MegaRAID Storage Manager.

Fanfold Paper

Re: TS130-11051CU Raid Storage Console

Thanx for getting back to me.

Sorry, it is for the onboard Intel. I tried various versions of the RST (Rapid Storage Technology) and finally found this one here worked.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS013896

However it didn't add in the "Service" & consequently I would get an error that the console couldn't connect to the service which wasn't even listed in the installed services. So I had to manually add the service by typing in the following at an elevated command window;

sc create "Intel RST DM Service" binpath= "c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel(r) rapid storage technology\iastordatamgrsvc.exe"

Then I had to insure that the “Intel RST DM Service” was set to Startup Type “Automated (Delayed Start)”

All is good now! I wanted to test it out on another system  & I tried the same thing on my own server that I had been procrastinating on doing for quite some time now (Intel M/board with same Xeon processor & Intel C200 chipset) but didn’t have to manually add the service, it did it itself.