Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
BC_IT_Guy
Accepted Solution

TS130-11051CU Raid Storage Console

[ Edited ]

Anyone have any idea what Windows RAID Storage Console I can use to monitor within Windows 2008R2 Foundation? I have it all configured during bootup just fine, but would like to be able to monitor from with Windows. Especially helpful for Remote Administration...

Thanx in advance!

Lenovo Employee
jamesconner

Re: TS130-11051CU Raid Storage Console

Are you using onboard or LSI card? I was thinking onboard is Intel which you would use the RST Console and if LSI controller use the MegaRAID Storage Manager.

Fanfold Paper
BC_IT_Guy

Re: TS130-11051CU Raid Storage Console

Thanx for getting back to me.

Sorry, it is for the onboard Intel. I tried various versions of the RST (Rapid Storage Technology) and finally found this one here worked.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS013896

However it didn't add in the "Service" & consequently I would get an error that the console couldn't connect to the service which wasn't even listed in the installed services. So I had to manually add the service by typing in the following at an elevated command window;

sc create "Intel RST DM Service" binpath= "c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel(r) rapid storage technology\iastordatamgrsvc.exe"

Then I had to insure that the “Intel RST DM Service” was set to Startup Type “Automated (Delayed Start)”

All is good now! I wanted to test it out on another system  & I tried the same thing on my own server that I had been procrastinating on doing for quite some time now (Intel M/board with same Xeon processor & Intel C200 chipset) but didn’t have to manually add the service, it did it itself.