Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
community supermod
erik

Re: TS200 RAID option

can't argue that.   i was simply pointing out the reason behind why drives are restricted.

if the RAID card does indeed have something in the firmware preventing non-approved drives (a detail that i'm not sure about at this point in time) then the solution would be to source a different controller card.   you could always sell the original card online or keep it as a spare for another system you've deployed.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Fanfold Paper
Bordeaux182

I think you may be right.

Either buy a new card or is it possible I wonder to re flash the card with LSI rather than the Lenovo firmware.  I have done this with Dell PERC cards many times converting to AMI firmware to get round limitations with the Dell firmware,

community supermod
erik

[ Edited ]

the ServeRAID M1015 is an LSI 9240-8i with a different firmware revision.   if it will accept an LSI factory firmware then your plan might be successful.   the bigger question is if the ThinkServer BIOS is willing to accept non-approved RAID cards (since the flash would essentially turn it from an "IBM" card into an "LSI" card).   right now, i don't know the what the BIOS expects.

(edit: typo)

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Fanfold Paper
Bordeaux182

Problem solved.

RAID BIOS flashed with LSI firmware, all works correctly now.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Paper Tape
pisko

can anyone explain LSI flash procedure and is there rollback to lenovo firmware?

thanks