Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
kz963
Accepted Solution

query to a TS200v upgrade from celery to vroom-vroom

Hi every one, I am from London UK new to forum and I wish you many lenovo years to come.

I am new to lenovo products, and after many days and many review I decided to go with the TS200v, very exciting. My model is the one with the Intel G1101/2.26GHz/2MB L2 celeron chip. My query is just to reinforce the homework I have done. Does anyone know if I can upgrade the same motherboard to a 3.60GHz 2.5GT/s DMI 4MB Cache Intel Core i5-680 Processor with fuel injection without making the bios heated, hot, huffy, and possibly the pin number to my girlfriends bank card. Maybe one day I'll be able to return the favoure. Many thanks in advance and Kind Regard.:smileywink:

community supermod
erik

Re: query to a TS200v upgrade from celery to vroom-vroom

welcome to the forum!

the i5-680 is on the list of supported CPUs (link) for the TS200v.   with the i5-680 being only 73W, you shouldn't have any issues with cooling.   the factory heatsink can take up to a 95W TDP processor.

one caveat: the new processor won't be covered under your factory warranty.   the heatsink and system planar will remain covered as long as you don't damage them during the installation.   so, please be careful when servicing your system. :smileywink:

if you want video instructions on the process, you can follow the M91/M91p guide here: http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/ion/M91p_Tower/index.html

(there currently isn't a video for the TS200v so the M91 is the closest system available)

good luck!

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Paper Tape
kz963

Re: query to a TS200v upgrade from celery to vroom-vroom

Hi Eric, Thank you for your reply,  help and the extra info. The link was very helpful too, great videos.

The board on that video looks identical to the ts200v.

thank you for taking the time to reply.

Kind regard