Support in other languages: 
NLB
Punch Card
NLB

64-bit Vista recovery media unavailable in UK

[ Edited ]

The support for the D10 is very poor.

I bought a 64-bit D10 in early Sept this year which crashed straight away during the initial BIOS update, & rescue & recovery is not available via F11 etc.

I requested recovery discs from Lenove tech support in mid Sept. Despite constant chasing I am told no recovery discs are currently available.

They then offered me 32-bit discs as an interim measure, but it subsequently turned out that they are also unavailable.

It appears that the D10 has been rushed onto the market with very limited tech support available, & potential buyers should be aware of this before they buy.

I paid £1600 for this computer almost 3 months ago & will probably now have to make a warranty claim to have it replaced.

I have always been pleased with Lenovo thinkpads, but am now unlikely to purchase a Lenovo PC again.

mod note: split into new thread.

Message Edited by erik on 11-17-2008 11:57 AM
Thinkpad X300: Very good. Thinkpad T61p: Good.
Thinkstation D10 6427-47G: Rubbish, no tech support, would not recommend lenovo!
erik

Re: 64-bit Vista ordered, came with 32-bit?

NLB,

that sounds frustrating, indeed.   i don't understand why support would tell you that vista business media is unavailable.   there are part numbers in the system for both 32- and 64-bit media in all languages.   the only media shown to be unavailable are vista home basic 32 and home premium 32.

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP

NLB
Punch Card
NLB

Yes, tech support are unable to explain that either!

They confirm there are part no's but apparently when they place an order it comes up as unavailable.

I have been told on two occasions that they would investigate & call me back, which they have failed to do.

Thinkstation D10 6427-47G: Rubbish, no tech support, would not recommend lenovo!
NLB
Punch Card
NLB

This is an e-mail sent to me from tech support:

Good morning,

We regret to inform you that the stock of all recovery media for your D10 machine is currently depleted. We are working hard to replenish the stock as quickly as possible and will send you a copy as soon as they become available.

Regards,

Lenovo Technical Support Team

Please reply to frontoffice@uk.ibm.com.
If you reply directly to the Agent handling your query, we can't process your request for support.

erik

i split this into a new thread since your situation is different than what was in the other thread.

i'll look into this issue and see what i can do.

NLB
Punch Card
NLB

Re: 64-bit Vista recovery media unavailable in UK

The saga continues!

Yesterday tech support says that the part no. for the recovery discs has changed. Apparently they are produced by a third party, not Lenovo.

There is no estimate for when or if they will be available. He told me that he would phone back today after he had escalated this matter with his manager.

Needless to say he did not phone back!

Lenovo technical support for the thinkstation is hopeless.

erik

i'm still waiting to hear back on this.   will keep you posted.

NLB
Punch Card
NLB

Still no success sourcing recovery media for the D10 as it does not exist.

Lenovo tech support now do not reply to e-mails or return my calls.

There is no option for thinkstation on the telephone menu & it seems to be supported by the thinkserver section, however you are handed from one clueless person to another until one says he will call you back, but of course they never do.

I would not reccomend anyone to buy a Lenovo thinkstation as the support for this product is very poor/non-existant!

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 275

NLB,

This issue is being worked - inexplicable, this particular part number CD/DVD is not in stock with our fulfillment partner.  The Lenovo team is working this as a priority to get stock in place. 

I do apologize for the delay.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español