Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
psuturtle
Topics: 8
Kudos: 149
Solutions: 98

Re: Can't wait for the next round of Thinkstations - D30? C30? S30?

if you're seriously looking to buy a system and can't find what you want through the site, try calling in.  Fixing the website unfortunately won't happen overnight.  I've tried digging into the cause of the issues, but haven't made much progress.  I will, however, look into it next week and maybe try to get some other people to push the issue as well. 

Fanfold Paper
arpadkal

I have seen the map you speak of, its not the big dig either.  But again NDA I can't say anything. 

Token Ring
dlabun

I don't know about that, seems like all we hear about Romley lately is problems followed by delays. I have a feeling it's going to be quite some time before we see any product released based around Romley from any company. I hope its just a matter of Lenovo waiting for the chips to come in and not waiting to actually design the planars.

Fanfold Paper
arpadkal

Lenovo does provide roadmap guidance to their larger customers so they know when products will get phased in and out.  That part is very true.  As to adjustments to those said timelines due to technical problems large customers are kept aware as they develop. 

Token Ring
dlabun

So was anyone else disappointment by Lenovo at CES? Asus and EVGA both annouced Romley based motherboards. All Lenovo annouced was a bunch of Ideapads and a few other products not even for sale in the US. It looks like the Think family is taking a back seat to Ideapads and there was absolutely no mention of new Thinkstations....What's up with that Lenovo?

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Doesn't CES stand for "Consumer Electronic Show"?

I don't think for one moment that ThinkStations are consumer products. As I've seen it over the years the business products with the latest, greatest and newest components have always been released some months after consumer products regardless of manufacturer.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
sisodiya

Great thread and thanks to all who have been participating so far. Dos anyone have word on D30 and S30 potential release dates? Within 1-2 months, 3-4 months, or farther out. Thanks in advance.

Token Ring
dlabun

While Intel is supposed to officially annouce Romley in March, We won't know until the day it's posted on Lenovo's website and then its probably another 3-6 months before machinces are actually shipping.

I would like to point out that another major PC manufacturer is currently shipping Romley 2P based units to customers. I wouldn't have believe it until I saw 12 of them being installed this past week. The IT guys pulled the CPUs out because they didn't believe it either and sure enough, a pair of Xeon E5s were installed.

psuturtle
Topics: 8
Kudos: 149
Solutions: 98

I actually find that completely believable.  Any other info you want to share about said Romley 2P units? :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
sisodiya

Wow Dlabun, that's great. Any chance you might be able to let me know chich manufacturer it is that has the Romley (P2) E5s? I have been on hold waiting for S30 and D30 replacement units, but would love to get an idea of what the competitor machines are spec'ing at. Cheers.