Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
anandavel
Accepted Solution

D20 - 4158 with Marvel Raid + windows 7 failed to restart (Blue screen) after installation

I installed Windows 7 64 bit by providing the Marvell RAID driver downloaded from  http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-73716. The installation goes fine, when the computer restarts, the windows 7 logo flashes and then immediately the blue screen comes and then the computer restarts. This continues repeatedly.

I checked the Raid, we have one array with Raid 0 configuration. I could not find out why the OS installation goes fine but it fails to restart

Kindly provide some technical input.

psuturtle
Topics: 9
Kudos: 150
Solutions: 101

Re: D20 - 4158 with Marvel Raid + windows 7 failed to restart (Blue screen) after installation

Can you give more description on your RAID? How many drives, what type, where are they connected?  Are these the only drives in the system?

Also, have you changed any other settings in BIOS, especially after installing the OS the first time?

Blue Screen Again
anandavel

Re: D20 - 4158 with Marvel Raid + windows 7 failed to restart (Blue screen) after installation

RAID : 

Marvell 88SE63xx/64xx Adapter - BIOS version 3.1.0.21

We have configured two 1 TB HDD with RAID 0

SAS/ SATA Drive Setup

ICH Sata   -> Enabled

Sata Disk Pre-Delay -> Automatic

SATA Controller Mode Option -> Compatible

SATA Mode Selection -> ACHI

eSATA Port  -> Disabled

Marvell SATA / SAS Controller -> Enabled

SAS/ SATA Option ROM Scan -> Enabled

Boot Sequence

1. IDE  CD : TSST Corp CDDVDW

2. PCI SCSI : Marvell RGIS [Raid 0]

3. PCI BEV :  MBA V11.4.1 Slot 0500

I didn't change the BIOS Setuo after OS installation, Even now when i Install the OS, the installation goes successful, but fails to restart. I tried to Setup up VISTA 64 bit it is the Same. I am sure there is something i am doing wrong.

Awaiting your support to proceed further.

psuturtle
Topics: 9
Kudos: 150
Solutions: 101

After double checking the link you provided....I'm confused on your setup.  Can you reiterate which drives you have in the system and which ports they are connected to?

For a D20, you should have all HDDs attached to the blue ports.  These ports route directly back to the Marvell controller.  Then during the OS install, you need to supply the Marvell driver (not the Intel RAID driver that you specified in your link).

The only reason you would supply the drive you listed in your link is if you're attempting to run HDDs off the black ports on the system.  This will work (but is not supported) for regualar HDDs in a non-RAID config.  The D20 utilizes the ICH10, not the ICH10R, so there is no way to utilize RAID off these ports.  The black ports are intended for ODD use only.

So I'm guessing you either have drives connected incorrectly, or you were attempting to provide the incorrect driver during the OS installation.