Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
nlathrop

Re: Drive Killer...

[ Edited ]

I dont mean to bi difficult, but there is no barcode with the infor you mentioned.  How can I send you the pics?

Thanks,

Nelson

Blue Screen Again
nlathrop

psuturtle
Topics: 8
Kudos: 146
Solutions: 96

Wow...that shouldn't even be possible.  Can you keep that share open for a while?  I want to send the link to some folks internally here to see if they can get to the bottom of this.  I think we've begun to narrow down the problem, but I'm working on trying to figure out how to make sure you at least get the part you ordered.

Blue Screen Again
nlathrop

[ Edited ]

Sure, will leave open.

Nelson

Blue Screen Again
nlathrop

BTW, although the drive death has been severely slowed down - I just lost another drive.  No sweat, it is RAID56 and I have plenty spares.  I add the new drive (identical 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200) and system goes into rebuild.  Very slow for a looong while, but it boots, etc.  We reboot the following day and machine gets stuck.  Power down and restart and now RAID is gone...  Move it to another machine and still gone.  Move the other machine's RAID5 and it works, so it is not the controller...  No idea what happened, but this systems are really not helping my work.  We jus finished d rebuilding the machine from scratch (Win7 64, etc...)

HELP!

Nelson

Blue Screen Again
nlathrop

BTW, latest BIOS for 4157V8E (S20) installed
Blue Screen Again
nlathrop

BTW #2 - we have the right fans and all seems in order, just wondering why the "lost" RAID5 and if that is a known issue, etc.
Token Ring
jdeb

[ Edited ]

I am not trying to be a wise guy but Seagate drives have been suspect since 7200.10 and their purchase of Maxtor, not sure if that is related though. You may want to consider going with Western Digital.