Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
community supermod
erik

Re: New ThinkStation D10 and S10 models to be available soon

andy - you might be right! :smileyvery-happy:

the good part about the D10 is that i'll no longer have to keep buying new T-series thinkpads just to have a good primary workstation.   the D10 will out-power my needs for years to come and can be easily upgraded in the even that my design apps need a boost.   aside from eventually installing a larger SSD, i can see the X300 lasting me a long time as well since it will have almost everything i need while on the road.   since my thinkvision L220x has both DVI and VGA inputs, i'll be able to use both machines on one display.   for me this will be an unmatched combination.

i'm seriously excited.   come to think of it, i can't remember the last time i was this excited about buying new computers let alone buying a seemingly mundane box such as a workstation (although the D10 looks incredible).   both the X300 and D10 equally carry enough design and function characteristics to leave me feeling slightly warm and squishy inside. :smileywink:

expect a detailed review on the D10 as soon as it shows up on my doorstep.   let's just hope my UPS driver doesn't throw his back out trying to get it there! :smileysurprised:

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

erik - I see you've thought through your buying spree very thoroughly and I can see where you're heading, way to go  Yer 'OK 
I'm also excited waiting for the X300, it has potential "cult" status. If your review of the D10 is presented half as good as your L220x review, I'm looking forward to it.

On the other hand, bad news for lenovo, erik's not buying any hardware in the next 5 years :smileyvery-happy:

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

community supermod
erik

i've been thinking about this migration since the D10 and S10 were announced.   had i not convinced myself of moving into a D10 as my main workstation then i might not have purchased an X300.   somehow buying the biggest and smallest lenovo offerings just made sense.

the D10 will likely last me 5 years but the X300 will surely be replaced or put into my reserve collection sooner than that.   lenovo will continue to find ways to get money out of me. :smileywink:

i fully agree that the X300 could see cult status just like the s30 and 701c.   admittedly, this was a very, very small part in my purchasing decision.   i've never regretted buying my s30 and doubt i'll regret the X300, either. :smileyhappy:

i'm glad you liked my attempt at reviewing the L220x and thank you for the complement.   it was my first review and have learned quite a bit since writing it.   eventually i will update it.    the D10 will be fun to review as i'm once again completely green to the world of desktop/workstation machines and can look at it with an open mind and unbiased eye.

community supermod
erik

i just called lenovo to get an order status on my X300 and D10.   the X300 is slated to ship the week of 3/24 and the D10 the week of 7/27. :smileysurprised:   orders were placed on 3/10 and 3/11 respectively.

the D10 i configured is a SATA model no longer shown on the website and that might have a lot to do with the delay.   the question now is whether or not i'm willing to wait 4+ months to get it.   this will either result in a canceled order, a new order for an S10, or a 4+ month wait and a true test of my patience.   the problem with the S10 is that the 8GB limitation means i will be maxing it out right away and might have to upgrade systems again later if the motherboard cannot accept larger modules.   that's a risk i'm not sure i'm willing to take as the whole point in buying a workstation is to increase future expandability not offered in a thinkpad.

crap. :smileymad: