Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
LatinUnit

Re: S20 Internal Card Reader

[ Edited ]

lol yeah, i thought the first 2 were crucial. what are they for? extra power for some sort of other device? bluetooth?

I had cut the connector in the morning already lol but  the unknown device was bothering me as i thought it was a driver issue or device incompactability. so what are the first 2 for? power?

do you have the schematic for the 11 pin header

erik

[ Edited ]

the two you cut off have no function other than guaranteeing proper alignment.

the extra two on the motherboard header are +3.3V for use with devices needing less than +5V.   edit: scratch that.  see below.

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP

Blue Screen Again
LatinUnit

Thanks for your collaboration and time :smileyhappy:
psuturtle
Topics: 7
Kudos: 143
Solutions: 92

[ Edited ]

That's not quite right....there's no 3.3V running to the USB header for the media card reader (or other USB headers for that matter). 

The pin near the keyed pin is a no connect.  Starting at the keyed side and moving away, the next two are grounds.  The next 4 are USB signals.  The next two are 5V.  The last two are a ground and a GPIO that we use to allow BIOS (and ultimately manufacturing test tools) to determine whether or not there is a device actually connected to this port.

For functionality, all you really need is a ground, a 5V, and the USB diff pair.  This header can actually support 2 ports.

Blue Screen Again
LatinUnit

[ Edited ]

Hi psu turtle,

I´m going to connect the cardreader conector to the motherboard header from the 2 and 3 pins like the following. is this okay???? Because i tried connecting it from the first 2 and it appears in windows device manager as unknown device and theres no drivers for it, it should install automatically

psuturtle

What you have is right, though your red box should include the single pin/key row as well.  Basically, line up the keys and plug it in, leaving the last row of pins exposed (the last two pins on the left end in your pic). 

Those last two pins are a GPIO and ground that won't affect the function of your card reader.  Might want to also make sure your card reader port is enabled in BIOS.  I think it is left enabled by default, but good to check.

Blue Screen Again
LatinUnit

Hi m8

I tried getting into bios with f2 and delete but it wont work, is there another key this uses??¿¿?¿ f10 for instance

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,229
Solutions: 1,311

F1?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
psuturtle

Correct....F1 is the key needed to enter BIOS setup.  There is a message displaying this, but if you're on a "slow" display, sometimes POST has moved past this message by the time it actually gets displayed on the screen.

What's DOS?
Phoenix123

I have a Thinkcentre Z244A34 that has the same 11 pin connection on the motherboard.  I purchased 3 of these machines and have tried 2 different card readers.  I cannot get either one of them to work.  They do work on my other machines with 9 pin connectors.  Can I do something different?

Thanks,

Scott