Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
GTVic

Re: S30, D30, and C30 ThinkStations have announced!!

[ Edited ]

Does Lenovo provide hardware to partners prior to release?

With newer computers presumably weeks away from being announced, I was wondering if Lenovo's partners should be able to get a next model machine for image developement rather than last years model?

802.11n
johnv474

GTVic,

I don't know the answer to your primary question.  Instead I am responding to your comment about newer computers presumably being weeks away from being announced.

Which of the Thinkpads is your OS image being developed for?  

From what I have read on forums, typically the T-series is released first, then the X series, and a few months later, the W series and X-series tablet.  I'm predicting (more accurately, guessing) the W and X-tablet will be released this fall.

For what little it's worth, that's the type of time frame I have heard rumored.

802.11n
johnv474

Speaking of Thinkstations, when the announcement came out on Apr 3, the sites sharing the press release indicated that the new S-, C-, and D-series would become available on April 9th.

As of the end of last week, Lenovo's sales rep (via live chat) said they would be available today.  I don't have any complaint about the time frame, but hearing different days only to be disappointed several times can't lead to anything positive.  Just a thought.

Paper Tape
sisodiya

I'm in the same boat waiting for the release of the C30, told April 3rd and now online chat says... I don't know... keep checking the website. Anyone have thoughts on availability?

psuturtle
Topics: 8
Kudos: 149
Solutions: 99

The new set of ThinkStations, like the previous generation, has a staggered set of launch dates.  This is mainly due to the small size of the engineering team.  If all three platforms were stacked on the same launch date, it would make it near impossible for us to get them out on time.  S30 has launched and should be shipping now.  D30 development has completed, so it should start shipping very soon.  C30 is the last of the three, and should be within the next two weeks I believe.

Punch Card
GTVic

Thanks, the image is being developed for the T520 with a Quadro graphics card, SSD, 8GB RAM, etc. It looks like they are aware of the new models but we are caught in the transition period.

Paper Tape
sisodiya

Thanks psuturtle, that gives me something to talk to our IT people about. Cheers.

802.11n
johnv474

Yeah!

As of today, the S30, C30, and D30 are available to be configured on the website.  

-JV474

psuturtle
Topics: 8
Kudos: 149
Solutions: 99

Good to know.  I forgot to come back and update this thread :smileyhappy:

Fanfold Paper
Bigears77

Just went to the website and was unable to configure an S30. What did I do wrong.

Bob Price