Search instead for 
Do you mean 
andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

ThinkStation Shipping Thread

[ Edited ]

Ordered a new ThinkStation?  Post your specs, shipping information, or questions here!

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
ShadowFlash

Buyer Beware: False Shipping Dates

Well. today I'm canceling my D10 order.  I originally ordered it 09/08/08, talked to a service rep, and was promised a 2 week delivery.  After 2 weeks, the shipping date was pushed back.  Another 2 weeks, and their was some mysterious problem that required me to CANCEL my order, and RE-ORDER the same computer.  This of course would mean an additional 2 weeks wait, but I was assured the "glitch" was fixed, and wouldn't have any more problems.  This same circle continues until now, with no one able to answer my questions on why it's not done.  I offered to change any specific items that could be causing the delay, but they weren't even able to do that.  After 2-1/2 months, the service rep I was working with actually suggested Itry one of their 3rd party dealers.  I did that, but the same configuration cost $1000 more from them !!!  This, of course, was unacceptable, so on a return call to my rep, I was told to consider DELL or HP, which I did yesterday.  Of course it cost me more for the same specs, but it already shipped !!  normally I wouldn't complain on longer shipping dates, but after being promised multiple times a 2 week lead time, and waiting close to 3 months.......enough is enough.  Its a shame, because it looks like a really nice product, and I'm very dissapointed....
Paper Tape
KyleG

Re: ThinkStaion Shipping Messages

I'm very confused about why this topic is the only one "floated" to the top of this forum.

Is the delayed shipping a common problem with ThinkStations or Lenovos in general?  Either way, why have it at the top of this forum?  Doesn't it paint a negative picture for potential customers?  It obviously wasn't enough to deter me, but it does make me very nervous about my supposed 3 week wait before my system ships.
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 412
Kudos: 1,335
Solutions: 288

[ Edited ]

KyleG,

The ThinkStation board is still fairly small, the install base is small (compared to ThinkPads) but growing.   To try to reduce clutter in the forum (lots of similar messages on different threads) we have tried to create shipping & ordering discussion threads and float to the top on boards where those types of comments tend to come up frequently.  

There is a negative bias tendency to the postings - Lenovo and it's customers expect things to proceed smoothly, so when they do not, there is more of an impetus to post.   You make a good point that the negatives can be detrimental, but I hope that it's more broadly understood as a reflection of transparency and a genuine desire to hear from our customers, and to communicate openly and help where possible.  

You also make an excellent point that this is the only floated thread on this board.  We will work on that - perhaps a ThinkStation FAQ is in order...

Best regards,

Mark 

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 02-09-2009 12:00 PM

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
aegis47

ThinkStation D20

2 x XEON 5520

12GB DDR3 ECC RDIMM

NIVIDIA FX1800

SATA hard drives

20-in-1 Media Card Reader

16 X DVD

Ordered on APR 13

Ship date Was 27 APR

Now MAY 11

Contacted web sales about delay, they sent this response,(direct cut and paste from email…person should use a spell checker :smileyhappy:  ) “I see that your order is not yet printed by our warhouse I have submitted the request to assisgn the order to our warehouse. It will take 2 budiness days to process the request.”

What exactly does this mean?

Tom

D20, 2X Intel Xenon 5520, 12 GB RDIMM, NIVDIA FX1800,
Display Lenovo ThinkVision L2440X, using Displayport connection
community supermod
erik

tom, welcome to the forum!

if i'm interpreting that message correctly, it should mean your D20 will be built sometime early next week.   hopefully this means it will ship next week, too.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Paper Tape
accura

Re: ThinkStation Shipping Messages

Ours was ordered on 4/8, but now the shipping date is changed to 5/18.  What's going on, Lenovo?
Punch Card
aegis47

:smileysad: My D20 order just got pushed back another 2 weeks. Shipping date now set at May 22. Is it the rdimms that are in short supply?
community supermod
erik

tom - i recommend calling the sales department at 866-96-THINK to request specifics on your order and why it was pushed back.   it's difficult to say what, if anything, is in short supply.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Punch Card
aegis47

I contacted Lenovo last week. They checked around and said the D20 should ship around the 21st of May. I got the notice this morning that shipping occurred today. :smileyvery-happy: