Support in other languages: 
vpa
Punch Card
vpa

Re: Thinkstation D20 & Quad SLI Configuration using 2 X Nvidia N295GTX Problem.

Usually the beeps have some meaning.

Did you check with Lenovo to find out what they correspond to?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
SurferGuy

One long beep, 2 short ones means that the system cannot identify a compatible video card. when I connect both of my GTX295, the green light at the back of the card lights, ,which means, I guess, that the Power is enough. but the blue light is off. Probably the BIOS cannot assign which of the 2 graphic adapters to start from.  Which card should I connect my monitor to? or it doesn't matter (port one in any adapter will do) 

Can the D20 handle the heat output generated from the 2 cards, or it needs a special cooling upgrade? cause my single GTX295 Temp can reach 60-65 degrees in normal operations & definitely much more higher when working with 3d applications or games.

I bought an SLI cable flex cable from the graphic card supplier cause it didn't come with my D20. should i get the hard cable ot they're the same!?

My D20 is prettty loaded, Dual Quad-Core 3.2GHz Turbo W5580 processors, 16GB Ram, 5 Hard Drived, 3 internal DVD/Blue Ray drives.

erik

SurferGuy wrote:
Can the D20 handle the heat output generated from the 2 cards, or it needs a special cooling upgrade? cause my single GTX295 Temp can reach 60-65 degrees in normal operations & definitely much more higher when working with 3d applications or games.

the D20 can handle your cards without any need to upgrade cooling.   the problem seems to be with the BIOS not accepting cards with dual GPUs onboard.

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP

Lenovo Staff
solar

Just a cross check = are both video cards from Lenovo? (maybe these cards if not from lenovo are not compativle - eg. diferrent FW etc.)
Jan Solar
Product Marketing
(not a technical support)
http://blog.lenovo.com/author/jsolar/
erik

solar wrote:
Just a cross check = are both video cards from Lenovo? (maybe these cards if not from lenovo are not compativle - eg. diferrent FW etc.)

lenovo doesn't supply the GTX 295 in any market.   these are gaming cards and lenovo only offers workstation cards.

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP

Ctrl-Alt-Del
SurferGuy

Lenovo does not supply GTX295 Cards, it is a gaming Card as erik said, but my idea is, if one card can work perfectly the other should, unless there's a problem with Quad SLI interpretation by the BIOS.

I don't think it differs which display port I connect to, I always connect to Port 1 in any of the cards when I connect 2 cards, but still gives me the beep sequence at startup, although both cards rear green LEDs are on but not the blue ones. when I connect a single card both green & blue LEDs are on & starts up normally. 

probably I'll be waiting for the upcoming BIOS Update.