Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
mknapp

Re: Access Connection SMS Menu disappeared!!!!

i opened a service call with lenovo for the issue.

the stupid woman said something like "not implemented on win7 and probably will not be either".

after asking her if lenovo is totally nuts now she promised to escalate and call back ...

well, i am still waiting ..

LENOVO SUCKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

please don't use words like "sucks" amd similar, becasue multiple lenovo engineers, like also me (EX) are watching this forums and it's not realy nice, if we see some posts like this.

Anyway, I'll also have a talk with few people and let's see, what is the reason, why this is not included in Win7 OS.

I would guess, that  the reason will be the same, like by couple other "things", that were changed by Win7 and it is the main functionality of this new OS. Most of out tools/applications rely on some type of functionality of the windows components and if this "logic" was changed, then it reflects to the functionality of the application.

However, all that I can tell you right now is, that there is a big chance, that this will be back in some of the new version. I do remember the times, when Vista was released and also there were multiple "things", like also the SMS option missing and after some time it went back.

So I would kindly ask you for some patience, as the developers will need some time to get this implemented propperly.

Thanks

Will keep you posted, in case I'll have anything new on this one.

Cheers

What's DOS?
haroonie

I too am running windows 7 and would like the SMS Menu enabled, i'm new to having mobile broadband on my machine, but does anyone know of another way of using my sim's SMS with another app besides ThinkVantage?  Is there an alternative piece of software for SMS on the Gobi 2000?

Thanks.

What's DOS?
jsheppherd

I too need this functionality but Acess Connections (now 5.62) still doesn't have it.

Has anyone worked out a way of using SMS on a X201 Tablet?

Blue Screen Again
mknapp

i am slowly starting to gain access to the higher echelons of lenovo, still hoping to find a solution.

what i found out so far ... there is a list of about 40-50 functions that worked well under XP/vista but are no longer available under 7.

lucky for me, i only miss the SMS thing.

will keep you posted if i find a solution (well, that is unless the webmaster of this forum deletes my messages again).

cheerio,

martin

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi all,

please note, that this is a feature request for the Win7 version, so the Access Connection developers are working on this. I do have informations, that they are in the testing phase of this feature, but there are still some lize issues with this feature in Win7, as the core system on Win7 is no accepting this feature.

If possible, please be patience, as I assume, that this feature will be implemented soon.

Cheers

What's DOS?
cw4u

Hi all.

Same thing is me.

Running W7 Professional 64bit on Lenovo W500 and i'm missing the SMS Text function to reactivate my prepaid account.

I wonder why our cheap computer discounter MEDION is able to implement this SMS feature in the 50€ USB-WebStick and Lenovo is not with the 100€ expensive internal Mobile Broadband Card!!

It's a shame that the development process takes such a long time. Even the Lenovo fingerprint software (Lenovo W7 version!!) is not working because it is in conflict with the W7 OS device drivers.

I'm a software developer and i know that every OS upgrade needs time to implement. But a company like Lenovo should be able to upgrade within 8 month. In real it's much more time as especially OEMs and hardware manufacturers get  early prereleases to adopt their drivers before new OS is sold in the marked.

*** Lenovo: Bad bad job!! ***

I'm not sure if i buy a Lenovo once more. Although it's a nice hardware, i had too much trouble in driver availability and incompatibility. With Vista it was not fun but in W7 it's horrible.

Very very frustrating!!

Bye Lenovo!!

Greetings from Germany.

Chris

Blue Screen Again
mknapp

hi chris!

i am equally frustrated about lenovo as you are!

and what makes it even worse is the official lenovo responses. or non-responses once they run out of their checklist arguments.

it is as if they are laughing about our predicament!

access connections 5.62 came out yesterday and i was hopeful the SMS functionality would be restored with this version. but of course it is still not there. wonder what the update was good for?!

:-(((

cheerio,

martin

Lenovo Staff
bsnf

SMS will be added soon and it will be better than before. We are working on the final design.

Blue Screen Again
mknapp

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease hurry!!!!!

martin