Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
mknapp

Re: Access Connection SMS Menu disappeared!!!!

on my W500, this great little sony utility even allows me to send SMS while i am connected to 3g with access connections. FABULOUS!

lenovo, maybe you can apply for a tech internship at sony?

they have valuable things to teach there!

cheerio,

martin

Blue Screen Again
johnripper

Which OS and Version of AC do you use?

Blue Screen Again
mknapp

Win7 Ultimate 64bit and the most recent AC 5.62.
Punch Card
badseed

I think I missed something... I downloaded the Sony utility but when I double click on the installer.exe file (or right click/'run as administrator') it only acts like it's loading for about 5 seconds then nothing at all.

How has everyone else managed to get this to work?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to everyone who kept this thread alive in the hopes that Lenovo would hear us.

BTW, SL500/Win7 x64 Ultimate/ Latest AC

Serial Port
hookins

Yeah I saw the same thing happen to me but it does actually install. In like 2 seconds. I found it on the Start menu and have now pinned it to task bar for ease of use
Blue Screen Again
mknapp

you are right, the software works a bit "special", but still much much better than anything lenovo can give you.

after running the installer.exe, you will find the software in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\OneClickInternet

then run this exe to send sms (and turn on your wwan modem with FN+F5 before):

C:\Program Files (x86)\OneClickInternet\OneClickAssistant.exe

hope this helps,

martin

Punch Card
badseed

Ah, I've found it and it works very well.

Thanks hookins and mknapp, it was hiding in my start menu and is now shortcutted in my quicklaunch.

Again, thanks to all for holding out for a solution, even if it didn't come from Lenovo... They would be wise to study this thread.

Serial Port
hookins

I have done quite a bit of searching around and Im quite surprised that Qualcomm, the manufacturers of the Gobi chipset havent produced a standalone application to control the device like HUAWEI have. Im in South Africa with a bit of software that is shipped with the new 4G service from CellC which communicates directly with a HUAWEI dongle modem device. That can SMS, run stats for usage etc and even more impressive, it can handle service requests like you would use for Pay and Go services etc, eg *1234# and have a menu driven service. Sadly it obviously doesnt talk to the sim in the Gobi device. Would be great if there was a similar app that would! But thats not a Lenovo issue is it?
Fanfold Paper
frcko

All of this wouldn't happen if Lenovo didn't have a very stupid practice to develop all supporting software themselves rather than outsourcing companies who expertise in specific areas. This is how you make cuts in R&D and the final product afterall.

In case of Sony ... they did not create OneClickInternet ... it's actually German company WebToGo (www.webtogo.de) but the point is that Sony has much better Project Managers than Lenovo.

There is another piece of software from Belgian company Option called uCAN connect standard which comes preloaded with some T-Mobile and Vodafone 3G usb sticks and it has a  very nice interface but I did not have luck finding debranded exe, however according to some forums it sucks a lots of system resources so what we currently have might be the best option at the moment.

Punch Card
jamesnb

It's a shame to use a non-Lenovo product on Lenovo's product and worse, works on Lenovo! Shame Lenovo!!!

I could not help but using this piece of software to send SMS, wonderful! Lenovo, please have a look!!! You are marketing for others at your own expenses!

Great finding, thank you!