Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
superturismo

Re: Access Connection SMS Menu disappeared!!!!

Hi guys,

i have landed on this thread while searcing for a solution for the missing option of sending/receiving SMS via my Broadband Card.

Well, i found the solution - the Sony Software on page 5. Special thanks to Sony about that!

I live in Germany and here if you want to use the daily internet flat you have to send SMS. Not supporting this feature makes the mobile broadband card useless!

Last but not least, i would like to tell you Lenovo guys, that i really sorry about buying your product. I work in a University and will definetely propose to my boss NOT to buy Lenovo products.

I am really disappointed of the fact, that a whole year was not enough for you guys to enable the SMS function.

Never ever Lenovo. Nie wieder! Tschüss!

Punch Card
sapibobo

Dear all,

it appears that Access Connection version 5.83 already have SMS menu enabled regardless the operators. I am using Indosat network and i can see my messages.

For temporary i failed to send any messages though, maybe because what i have is a SIM card especially use for data.

Anyone can confirm if the SMS menu on this new AC works to send and receive SMS?

Thanks

billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

sapibobo wrote:

it appears that Access Connection version 5.83 already have SMS menu enabled regardless the operators

The help file says SMS is only enabled for the Gobi 2000 based WWAN card.

I can confirm that there is no SMS available in AC 5.83 on an X200 with a Ericsson F3507g card installed.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Token Ring
hubertlam

sapibobo wrote:

Dear all,

it appears that Access Connection version 5.83 already have SMS menu enabled regardless the operators. I am using Indosat network and i can see my messages.

I would disagree. I also have AC 5.83 using Optus Australia (amaysim) and the Launch SMS is greyed out.

Punch Card
slimgym

Thanks, I got this to work on Three UK with the following

<mcnc>234020</mcnc>

<carrierid>104</carrierid>

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the key was to put a leading space on the 234-20 (to 234020) and the carrierID I copied from the Vodafone.co.uk one. Brilliant! At least now the PAYG SIM I have can text me to say when the internet allowance is getting low!

billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

billbolton wrote:

I can confirm that there is no SMS available in AC 5.83 on an X200 with a Ericsson F3507g card installed.

I have just recieved a new X220 (:smileyhappy:) with a Gobi 3000 based Sierra card in it.

With Access Connection 5.83 the an SMS message capability is available, which further confirms that SMS capability in AC is now enabled but only for Gobi based cards.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Punch Card
Alicatt

[ Edited ]

When I updated to AC 5.83 I lost the SMS function for O2 UK I will have to edit the acwanprofile again and put my O2 profile back in.

(gobi2000 card in a XT201)

hsz
Paper Tape
hsz

[ Edited ]

I also confirm - with AC 5.83 there is no SMS option available.

Qualcomm Gobi 2000 HS-USB Mobile Broadband Device 9205

Windows 7 Pro SP1

Thinkpad T510

Serial Port
tvmaniac36

so now I'm using X220 with Sierra Wireless MC8355 – Gobi 3000 (TM) HS-USB Mobile Broadband Device 9013 and tried to edit AC_Wanprofiles.xml but doesnt work. The SMS Function is still greyed out. Any ideas how to activate it? I am from Indonesia and using telkomsel
Serial Port
tvmaniac36

stand corrected, I've just updated my Access Connection to 5.84, now it works :-) Thanks Lenovo