Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
robert_reuben
Accepted Solution

Access Connections 5.30 - can't turn off Windows logon feature

Just installed AC 5.30 and selected the feature to link the Windows logon to the AC wireless connection.  A big mistake as Windows logon now sits there for a minute or so while AC (slowly) connects.  So I want to turn it off but ALL the options under global settings, on both the 'Network' and 'Notification' tabs, are greyed out and can't be deselected.  How can I fix ?
Punch Card
SectorStar

Re: Access Connections 5.30 - can't turn off Windows logon feature

Don't use Acess Conections in the first place. It's amazing how many problems are fixed just by getting rid of that program.
Paper Tape
robert_reuben

Thanks, but I would like to see if my Access Connections setup can be fixed. Ideas welcome!
What's DOS?
boognish

Having same problem. Tried disabling location switching and made sure that all wireless connections at windows logon is not checked. 

XP SP3

Access Connecitons ver 5.30

Paper Tape
robert_reuben

Thank you, it's good to know that others are seeing the same or similar issues.  Does anyone know why all the options in 'global settings' are greyed out and cannot be selected ?  That's why I can't deselect the option to link wireless networking to the Windows logon.
Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

Check in the Access Connections installation directory for a .loa file.  When the new AC was installed, it might have imported those settings and locked those out.  Then try uninstall Access Connections (but not the profiles), reboot and reinstall but do not check that setting again when installing AC.  That should get rid of the Single Sign On GINA and ungrey those settings.
Paper Tape
robert_reuben

Thanks.  I looked but there are no .loa files anywhere on my system.  Any other ideas ?  Is there any other diagnostic info I can provide that would help ?
Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

Did you do the uninstall/reinstall? (as local admin)
Paper Tape
robert_reuben

No, I haven't uninstall/re-installed yet.  If I do that will my profiles be preserved ? And do you think this will help to resolve my issue ?
Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

Your profiles will be fine.  When you uninstall Access Connections, the default is to keep your profiles, you have to switch it to uninstall and remove profiles.

The thought it that something got into the settings and locked you out.  If there isn't a .loa file in theC:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities directory, then when you reinstall it will load with clean defaults and your pre-existing profiles.