Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
mrt181

Access Connections 5.5 and Intel 5100 AGN 13.0.0.107 do not work together!

I have a Thinkpad T500 205545G.

I have installed the mentioned software and driver versions. With this combination access connections does not recognize any wireless networks. Even if I enter a wireless profile manually it does not work - I get a failed connection message immediately.

With driver version 12.4 it works.

My OS is Windows XP Pro SP3 32bit. Its wireless manager does recognize wireless networks with driver version 13.0.0.107.

Hay anyone an idea what the problem could be?

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Access Connections 5.5 and Intel 5100 AGN 13.0.0.107 do not work together!

Hi,

not sure about this. Although I'm just testing a T and R500 system with Win7 x64Bit with this exact same Wifi card and wit this 13.0.0.107 version and it's working fine. Maybe you don't have the latest version of Power Manager, Power Management driver, System interface driver, or Hotkey utility installed, as these are really needed to be up to date.

In case you do have the abovementioned up to date, then (please make this only for testing purpose), please download and install the latest wifi drvier from Intel. This is only for testing purpose, so that I know the result of this one. For the future never use the wifi driver from Intel.com, as Lenovo is making smal modification to the Wifi driver, so that it is compatible with the AC.

Let me know, your testing results.

Cheers