Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
lrsnj
Accepted Solution

Access Connections 5.61 Problem

I recently upgraded to Access Connections 5.61 and suddenly I can no longer connect to my work wireless network.  I had previously been using an earlier version of Access Connection just fine.  Using the same profile that previously worked  I now receive an Error 040 when attempting to connect to the network.  That error suggests something wrong with the wireless adapter driver or protocol installed.  However, the Windows Wireless Network Connection can connect without an issue.  I've tried uninstalling the latest version and installing the older version which did not work.  I also completely removed Access Connections and reinstalled the 5.61 again.  Still no luck.  Anybody have suggestions on what to try next.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Access Connections 5.61 Problem

Hi,
This is a common situation, when there is only an upgrade of once component upgrade, like Access connection and the ret is not upgraded.
In this case I would advice to perform following steps:
- uninstall AC
* reboot the machine
- install the latest version of following apps in following order (don't use TVSU)
    .NET 3.5 SP1
* reboot
    Power management driver
    Power Manager
    System Interface driver
    Hotkey utility
    Wifi driver (NOT from intel.com, but from lenovo.com)
* reboot the machine
- install Access connection 5.6x
* reboot the machine

This will inicialize the Wifi driver components with the latest version of AC.

Let me know, your update on this one.
What is the system, that you are using? T60?....
Cheers

Paper Tape
lrsnj

After basically following your recommendations and numerous uninstalls, installs and reboots, I believe I once again have Access Connections (5.61) working.  Thanks for the help.  By the way, the system is a T60P.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

[ Edited ]

Hi,

thanks for your post.

I'm glad, that it's workiing for you now.

Feel free to open a new thread, if you ahve any question, or issue.

Cheers

Paper Tape
T410i_user

Hi, I am also having a problem with access connections. It automatically switches, but there is a proxy error meaning I can not connect to the internet.

To connect I have to disconnect from the network and reconnect - then everything is fine. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

are you configuring the proxy using Access connection? (Directly in the AC netowrk profile? )

Maybe a version and description of your network configuration might help.

Cheers

dek
Paper Tape
dek

Thank you for the posts, but I tried all these reinstalls and reboots except for the 'System Interface driver' and I still hit the same problem on my R52 with the latest Thinkvantage Access Connections.

Where do I get the 'System Interface driver' for the R52 Thinkpad on Windows XP?