Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
bascaves

Access Connections 5.62 high CPU doesn't start

Hello,

Since I upgrade, via auto upgrade, to Access connections 5.62 (even 5.61) Access connection takes 50% CPU, 100% CPU of one my my T61p Cores. It also the program doesn't splash up on the screen, while is shows started in the processes with 50% CPU usage.

AFAIK version 5.5 was still fine. I noticed the problem at least with version 5.61

I had a lot of profiles so I deleted those. I complete uninstalled Access Connections with the option to delete the profiles.

All of these actions didn't help. I currently have it completely uninstalled and Cisco Secure Service Client for my wireless. This program works fine, but I do prefer Access Connections as it offers better control over the wireless, discovery of access-points etc.

I will try later again an older version of access connections to see if that still works.

I couldn't find on support and this forum that this is a know issue with 5.62 or a way to resolve it somehow and that access connections works back normal.

Brgds,

Bas.

Paper Tape
bascaves

Re: Access Connections 5.62 high CPU doesn't start

Hello,

Forgot to mention:

Windows XP SP3 latest patches

T61P 2GB memory

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,
in your situation, could you please make sure, that following Windows Services are started:
- Windows Zero Configuration
- Windows Presentation Foundation
- Terminal Services

There are the services, that are fully needed for the correct workflow of Access Connection.
Also please make sure, that you are using the latest version of following apps/drivers, which are also needed for AC to work correctly:
- Power Manager
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70602
- Power Management driver
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-4GXPEG
- Hotkey features
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74261
- .NET 2.0 + SP2

Can you also tell me which exact  AC service is taking the most CPU ?

Cheers

Paper Tape
mesh

Anyone find a solution to this? I have someone having the exact same problem. I tried disabling the firewall/AV but no dice. As soon as i open Access Connections the Access Connections.exe spikes to 100% and doesnt allow it to open. 

X100e

xp sp3

mcafee AV 8.5.1

mcafee Host intrusion prevention 7.0

Thanks in advance for all your assistance. Peace

Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

Might be some corruption in .NET framework.

The fix is relatively easy.  Open Add/Remove Programs, and scroll down to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
Click on Change/Remove and it will offer you an option to Repair.  Choose that and follow the prompts.  After it is complete, no need to reboot, try Access Connections and the GUI should launch.