Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
batdan

Re: Access Connections (5.84) opens with no window displayed (Win 7)

Did anyone find a resolution to this problem? I'm having the same issue with Access Connections trying to open and not drawing on the screen, but showing as running on the taskbar. It hasn't worked for a couple of months but I thought I'd wait unitl the new release of Access Connections before worrying too much about it.

But Access Connection 5.85 does not fix the issue - still the same. 

Thanks 

Serial Port
jskang

batdan wrote:

Did anyone find a resolution to this problem? I'm having the same issue with Access Connections trying to open and not drawing on the screen, but showing as running on the taskbar. It hasn't worked for a couple of months but I thought I'd wait unitl the new release of Access Connections before worrying too much about it.

But Access Connection 5.85 does not fix the issue - still the same. 

Thanks 

The only potential resolution I've seen suggested was to roll back to a prior GPU driver update. I was having this problem and was going to try rolling back but have not had the time to try it.

FWIW, I have the T500 with switchable AMD graphics controller.

Serial Port
jskang

I noticed that Lenovo released an updated switchable graphics driver package dated early Feb. 2012. Has anyone installed this and tried reinstalling Power Manager or Access Connections recently?

I have installed the switchable graphics update package but haven't had time to install the other ThinkVantage utilities that I had problems with yet.

Fanfold Paper
batdan

[ Edited ]

I'm still having this issue. I installed a new  bunch of Lenovo updates that included a new graphics driver but no change in behaviour.

I am unable to launch Acces Connections or the SMS application - it just sits on the task bar not responding. 

I have also reinstalled Dotnet and have tried different graphics drivers, both from Intel and Lenovo.

If anyone else is having the issue can you please report it here. 

Can anyone from Lenovo comment please? This bug needs a resolution. Thanks. Screen shot included.

Link to picture

Serial Port
jskang

That's a bummer. I have not had time to try Access Connections or Power Manager again since I installed the latest switchable graphics driver update.
Fanfold Paper
batdan

Hi,

Finally found the fix after stumbling across this post:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Power-Manager-Finger-print-software-don-t-star... 

Found out it was more than Access Connections that did not work. Disabling the Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service as per that post fixed it. 

Serial Port
jskang

batdan wrote:

Hi,

Finally found the fix after stumbling across this post:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Power-Manager-Finger-print-software-don-t-star... 

Found out it was more than Access Connections that did not work. Disabling the Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service as per that post fixed it. 

Interesting discovery. Not sure when I'll have time to try this out. But, I'll definitely try it out. Hoping others will have time to try this before me.

Thanks for posting!

Serial Port
jskang

Believe it or not, I only now got around to re-installing Access Connections on my system. All appears to be fine.

Paper Tape
rab68

installing the latest AMD Calalyst drivers from the AMD site solved the issue of non appearing windows for the thinkvantage tools for me ..