Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
uhaas

Access Connections and Windows Wireless Service

It would be nice if Windows Wireless Service joins a network and that network's SSID is in a profile, that the profile be applied. That way, the defaults (printers, DNS, etc.) could be set properly.

Sometimes Windows Wireless sets the WLAN and AC just does nothing.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Access Connections and Windows Wireless Service

Hi,
in your situaiton as the Windows Wifi gets the wifi before AC, that you don't have the Location switching enabled.
Therefore please check following:
- open AC
- go to Tools->Location Switching
- Make sure, that the checkbox next to "Enable automatic locaiton switching" is enabled/checked, in the list are the correct wifi profiles enabled and you have one Wifi profile selected in the "Preffered WLAN profile" dropdown menu

This will ensure, that AC will automatically start the search for a networ connection when there is one in the range.
The second part if of course, that you have the DNS and the printer enabled and configured in the AC profile.

Cheers

Ctrl-Alt-Del
uhaas

Location switching is definately turned on. I've been using it since it was introduced in something like v2.

As well, Ethernet location switching seems broken in 5.61. It keeps applying the wrong profile, even though the MAC of the DHCP server is in a different profile exclusively.

Wireless location switching also seems broken in 5.61, where resuming after sleep, no profile is applied on Win 7 x64. I am having to manually apply it. It wasn't like that in 5.5x.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,
strange behaviour. However seems familiar.
Please make sure, that the power manger, power management driver, system interface driver and hotkey is the latest from lenovo.com. Please don't use TVSU to check this, as TVSU is right now experiencing small issues with the read of the packages.
Let me know, the versions of the above applicaitons + OS version. I would like to try to repro this situation in here.

Cheers

7ua
What's DOS?
7ua

Hello Herik,

new on a Forum and > 30 years with IBM, Cisco Series 350 receiver with AironerClient software (all from my IBM office insatlled).

Have following issue: XP Professional on Thinkpad,

ThinkVantage Acces Connection, WLAN functions well for the strongest WLAN BUT I never can see any WLAN on the 'retrieve' screen. Other people see here many networks.

What to do

Thanks in advance

JU