Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
bocraw
Accepted Solution

Access Connections

T61 (7662-CTO), Windows Vista Ultimate

What Lenovo programs should I uninstall from my machine?  When I look at the system tray I see Access Connections as well as a windows networking icon. Isn't this repetitive?  Should uninstall Access Connections?  On my old T41 it seems like the windows and lenovo programs interferred with each other causing my connectionos to be unstable.  Your advice is appreciated.  

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Access Connections

Hi,

for your situation i would advice just to update all the drivers usin ThinkVantage System update.

Once this is done, I asume, that your situation will be fixes.

Let me know if I was wrong.

Rgrds

SCSI Port
bocraw

Herik, your reply in no way answers any of my questions.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,
so I'll try again.

That is ok, that in the system tray you see the Access Connection icon together with the "Widnows network icon", that is also showing you, that there is some wifi network detected, or not. The key point in Access Connection is, that once it's installed, and not interfered with other 3rd party wifi apps, that are installed afterwards, Access Connection is the primary point for network connections. Once you configure it, it will take over the control of that particular network connection.
I personaly would not deinstall Access Connection, as by using of this tool you have much more options, then just by using the windows own connection profile manager. Using Access Connection you can alson configure extendend security policies, what is not possible with windows own netword tool.
However I'm not convincing you to keep this tool. You have to decide if you need it or not. I would advice you to keep it.

Maybe this explains a bit the situation.
If I missed the point, then please highlite it, so that I can give you the correct answer.

Rgrds

SCSI Port
bocraw

I will keep Access Connections.  Thank you for your help and advice.

Punch Card
Calabrache

Can I just add a question : - what is the difference between Intel WireLess Wifi and TVT Access connection ? The system update keeps on proposing to install the Intel Wirelees Wifi but i don't see the point since TVT access connection is working. I might miss something Best regards
Ctrl-Alt-Del
crsimmons

I have a T61 that I"ve upgraded to Win 7 professional 64bit OS.  And, I've installed the Win 7 Access Connections (6ic716ww.exe) for that OS as described at http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-73682.html.  I've configured both my "HOME" network and a wireless network "SPRINT" and both are saved. 

But for whatever reason, the Access Connection Icon in the system tray has disappeared.  Also, in the programs menu there is no Access Connection link under the Thinkvantage programs group?  I've re-installed it several times but still don't have the system tray icon or the programs link?  It is possible to start it if I click on the Thinkvantage Tools group in the Thinkvantage programs group.  But, that is tedious.  I would like to see the icon in the system tray for quick access.

The access connections works for me in Win7 professional 64bit.  But, is there a way to get the system tray icon to show?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.