Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
imatic
Accepted Solution

Access connection - Disable proxy when disconecting

Is it possible to configure a profile that does inforce a proxy setting, that it also forces the proxy back to off when switching to another profile?

Life situation:

I have few work profiles that inforce proxy, but when i`am at the airport or hotel I dont want to create another profile in Access connection because I could have had a milion profiles by now. So I dont create a new profile but then the proxy stays on from the lest profile I was at (work).

I would like to use proxy at work and if I connect to hotel that I have never been to I want the proxy to dissable.

Lenovo Staff
bsnf

Re: Access connection - Disable proxy when disconecting

Yes, it is possible to have 1 profile with proxy and another profile without proxy settings.

For Example in your case you can select the option "override proxy configuration" on the additional settings tab for the work profile and enter your work proxy details there. Then create a second profile Ex: Home and uncheck the option "override proxy configuration" in this profile. Now whenever you are in a hotel or airport you can apply the 2nd profile.

Paper Tape
imatic

So the profile actualy isnt connected to only one wifi point, but it only applies setting no matter what wifi access point i choose?

Paper Tape
imatic

[ Edited ]

Ok, when i created new profile it wants me to type the name of the network (SSID) under wireless, since this is going to change and i cannot leave this blank what should i do?
Also it wants me to specifie the wireless security type and this also will change.

Cant i just create a blank profile with non of these settings?