Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
bobstockler
Accepted Solution

AccessIBM and System Update - BIG Problem

Several subscribers to the ThinkPad Mailing List, and members of the ThinkPad Support Forum, have reported that when they press the AccessIBM key they hear the music play and see the window open, with all of its headers appearing, but nothing shows below the headers, and when they click on any of the headers nothing happens.

This same thing happened to me, and I resolved it by using Rescue and Recovery to restore my system to the state it was in before I installed the latest ActiveX updates offered to me by System Update, and I reported it to the ThinkPad Mailing List.

A respondent suggested that the ActiveX updates couldn't be responsible for the problem, but I didn't go to the trouble to re-install them in order to prove that opinion was either right nor wrong.

My opinion is that the "aibm.exe" program chokes on the newer Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX and/or the newer Adobe Flash Payer 9 Plugin, and should be fixed ASAP and handed to System Update.

Bob

Bob Stockler
G41 - 2886-5TU - Mobile Pentium 4 532 - 3.06 Gh
2 Gb RAM - 80 Gb Toshiba 5400rpm HDD - Win XP Pro
Token Ring
bobstockler

Re: AccessIBM and System Update - BIG Problem - More Info

Having read of some security issues with earlier versions of Adobe Flash Player I went
to www.adobe.com and downloaded and installed Flash Player 9.0.124.0, one version for
Internet Explorer and another for Mozilla, Firefox and Opera.

The Access IBM program was unaffected by this.
Bob Stockler
G41 - 2886-5TU - Mobile Pentium 4 532 - 3.06 Gh
2 Gb RAM - 80 Gb Toshiba 5400rpm HDD - Win XP Pro