10-27-2011 12:13 PM - edited 10-27-2011 09:08 PM
I upgraded to the recent version using the windows command file. I am using the PWM with Firefox 7.01. Until now, I found 2 issues:
1) The german Paypal site does not work. I get the request to swipe my finger but the username and password are not filled in. It was working with version 3.
2) Similar to version 3, it happens often that after swiping the finger, PWM will fill in the credentials and then asks me again to swipe my finger. This happens more often if I set the preferences for the site to not send the credentials automatically.
11-08-2011 03:01 PM
Fantastic! I just upgraded my Firefox to version 8 and guess what? The password manager is not working any more. The familiar "TypeError: Components.classes[TvtPwmComponent_CID] is undefined" is coming up. Since CSS was uninstalled by the new password manager utility, I think there is no way to install the FF4 patch any more. Or am I wrong? Any suggestions?
11-08-2011 04:25 PM
If FF8 won't work with the new password manager, then it won't work with the old password manager either. I expect that we'll have to release a patch to support FF8. The constant, quick releases of FF are very difficult to support.
11-08-2011 05:17 PM - edited 11-08-2011 08:47 PM
the PWMGR 4 works with FF8 on my system 7 x64
edit I installed FF8 on several thinkpads with PWMGR 4 second beta & win.7 x64 & 1 with win.7 x32 all work but some are slow to prompt for fingerprint
11-08-2011 08:56 PM
@GMAC: Hmmm, this is strange. I had the PWM 4 running with FF 7.01 and all was ok. After doing the FF8 upgrade, the error comes up every time when I start FF. I am getting annoyed about the quick FF release cycle. Maybe I should really look into Chrome!
11-08-2011 11:59 PM - edited 11-09-2011 12:09 PM
I couldn't get chrome to work until the second beta PWM 4.00.0021 but I don't use FF & chrome much there are a few sites ( privately hosted sites) that won't open with IE9 so I use FF for those
11-09-2011 01:20 PM
johnbcasey, welcome to the forum,
please read the thread from the start, you'll find your answer. How To send A Private Message.
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + pointsDid you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.
Forum Search OptionT430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное СообществоPepperonI blog
11-09-2011 11:52 PM
You could manually do the following steps to make password manager work with FF8.
1) Disable password manager 4.0 extension in FF.
2) Go to pasword manager installation folder, for example, c:\program files(X86)\Lenovo\Password manager
3) Find the file "tvtpwm_jstypes.xpi" and drap it into FF to re-install extension.
4) Restart FF