Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
JNavas

Re: BUG: Power Manager 3.64 stops working and won't uninstall

someotherguy wrote:

To anyone experiencing this crash:  are you using optical drive emulation software like daemon tools?

Yes, I'm using SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

The Power Manager team found an incompatibility with software that emulates optical drives.  They are working on a patch.  It might take a few weeks to get through the test and release process, but I'll update here on the forum when it is available.  Thanks again for your help with the info and crash dumps.

I don't know for sure, but I wonder if you can work-around the crash by removing the optical drive emulation software from the startup menu (or however it gets started automatically at windows logon)?  Not knowing a thing about that software, I don't know if this is a reasonable suggestion or not?

802.11n
JNavas

someotherguy wrote:

The Power Manager team found an incompatibility with software that emulates optical drives.  They are working on a patch.  It might take a few weeks to get through the test and release process, but I'll update here on the forum when it is available.  Thanks again for your help with the info and crash dumps.

I don't know for sure, but I wonder if you can work-around the crash by removing the optical drive emulation software from the startup menu (or however it gets started automatically at windows logon)?  Not knowing a thing about that software, I don't know if this is a reasonable suggestion or not?

Excellent, thanks.

I've not worried about a work-around because it doesn't happen all that often, but it's still nice to know what I could do if it does become a problem -- Virtual CloneDrive (recommended) is easy to activate just as needed.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Power Manager 3.66 will solve this problem.  It will be available on lenovo website within 2 weeks.  Contact me by private message if you want to get it now; I will send you a link to download it.

802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

someotherguy wrote:

Power Manager 3.66 will solve this problem.  It will be available on lenovo website within 2 weeks.  Contact me by private message if you want to get it now; I will send you a link to download it.

Good to hear. I've sent you a PM. Thank you for the fast response.

UPDATE: No crashes (or other issues) in a couple of days of use and testing!

Hope that helps,
John
Paper Tape
tom_l

Thanks very much for responding to this issue.

I'll PM you for a link to 3.66.

What's DOS?
chriscylo

I have similar problems with Power Manager 3.64.

Would you send the link of the updated Power Manager to me. Thanks.

What's DOS?
estorz73

Ok, I'm running Power Manager 6.32.  It stopped working (gray batter box with threee dashes) and I tried to uninstall.  It hung at 94%.  I did a hard shut down and rebooted.  The reboot bluescreened, windows got corrupted and system restore didnt work.  I spent the last two days getting my computer back up and running.  The power manager then stopped working again and I started to reinstall.  The uninstall stopped at 94% and instead of doing a hard shut down, i did a system restore BEFORE the hard shut down.  The System Restore function broke the hanging uninstall of the power manager and I was able to restore without incident.  So, now power manager is not working but i'm afraid to uninstall.  What should I do?  Should I try uninstalling it from Safe Mode?

Fanfold Paper
mr-espresso

The Lenovo staff here say that ‘Power Manager 3.66 will solve this problem’, so why is power manager 3.64 still available for download on the Canadian lenovo Web site? I downloaded it recently, tried to uninstall, and wasted a day fixing my computer because of this awful, buggy software.

Punch Card
Vitalus

[ Edited ]

I am facing exactly a problem above.  Trying to uninstall Power Manager (latest version was installed)  for the following clean re-installation.   Uninstalling hung at 9x percents, had to kill process.  After restarting Windows I get constantly BSOD 0x7b.

Safe mode  - the same BSOD.  System repair works until the end but doesn't solve BSOD at all.

Machine is  W520 4284-49G.