Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
nmabakhsh

Bug in Password Manager, when fingerprint not available. Please investigate

I've got all my password manager entries set to NOT ask for a windows password if fingerprint reader is not available or not working.

So if i go to gmail, and the fingerprint window comes up, and i check the box fingerprint reader isn't available, and click ok. nothing should happened, which is what happens normally.

However, I've noticed a bug a couple of times, which allows you to enter a windows password for entries that it shouldn't.

Just happened now, after a fresh restart of my computer, after everything loads up + 30 minutes, including password manager icon in task bar. I opened IE8, got to facebook, clicked on fingerprint reader unavailable, it asked me for my windows password and logged me in.

Then I double clicked the password manager icon in taskbar, opened my facebook entry, and checked the fingerprint unavailable box, and nothing happened. Like it should. I closed password manager, closed IE8.

Restarted IE8, went to facebook, and tried it again, but this time it worked like it should.

For some reason, I was allowed to access my password manager entries through my windows password, when that option was disabled. This is terrible, as people in my household know my windows password, but they shouldn't be allowed to enter my private password manager entries.

Could you please investigate the bug/cause in this, and fix or advise me on how to prevent it from happening.

Either that, or Password manager doesn't work as designed, and therefore isn't secure.

SCSI Port
nmabakhsh

Re: Bug in Password Manager, when fingerprint not available. Please investigate

bump