Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
labus
Accepted Solution

Cannot login using ThinkVantage Fingerprint software

Hi, I cannot log in using my fingerprint reader. I am sure that fingerprint reader is OK, I sucessfully enrolled fingerprints. I enabled fingerprint login, when computer starts up, windows 7 message saying "Swipe your finger on green" shows up, but when I swipe the finger, nothing happens. Fingerprint reader just flashes green once (when I try to swiper finger, that is not enrolled, orange light flashes, so fingerprints are enrolled fine).

I tried to uninstall fingerprint software and driver, but its not working. I am logging in with domain account.

Lenovo T410 (NT7Q7MC)

ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software version: 5.9.4

Thank you for help!

Labus

Broadband 3G
JDay

Re: Cannot login using ThinkVantage Fingerprint software

The domain account is likely the issue since the fingerprint software is installed for local logins. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

gan
Topics: 4
Kudos: 111
Solutions: 108

[ Edited ]

JDay is right. Go into the control panel, search for finger, click on "change biometric settings" and make sure that allow user to log on to a domain......is checked. After making this change it should work fine with domain accounts.

-gan

Paper Tape
labus

Thank you very much, it works!

Labus

Blue Screen Again
DSR31

Gan,

I have the same problem that Labus has; I can login from PC off to Windows from a Local account but cannot log into my Domain account using the Fingersensor, it only turns the PC on when I swipe with my domain registered finger tip.

I went to Control Panel, FingerReader, and selected the Biometry tab but there was no option to allow a user to log on to a domain. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

DSR31

Lenovo X220 (4286-CTO)

ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software version: 5.9.4

gan
Topics: 4
Kudos: 111
Solutions: 108

Hi DSR31,

I'm not sure if you are at the right place in the control panel. Did you follow the exact steps? Open the Control Panel, type "finger" in the search field and you should see a list of options in the control panel. The one at the bottom should say exactly "Change biometric settings". When you click on this option there should some setting where you can turn biometrics on or off as well as select two options to allow using the fingerprint reader. This is not part of the Lenovo fingerprint software and i cannot see any tab as you described either.

-gan

What's DOS?
solit

Thanks, it works for me also.:smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
sandeepgs26

Thank you very much.. It worked for me too... :smileyvery-happy:

What's DOS?
asheppard970

gan wrote:

Hi DSR31,

...Open the Control Panel, type "finger" in the search field and you should see a list of options in the control panel. The one at the bottom should say exactly "Change biometric settings". ... 

-gan

Gan,

I'm having the same issue (Windows 7 Enterprise).  I did exactly as you described but I do not see the "Change biometric settings" option.  All I see are Lenovo - Fingerprint Reader and under that, Enroll Fingerprint and Remove Fingerprint Data.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

AS

What's DOS?
rongeneric

Thanks - This series of posts is very helpful.

Much appreciated,

R