Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
geoman369

Client Security - Password Manager reinstalling

Hello all,
       For an unknown reason, I have been experiencing this problem over and over.  Whenever I restart my computer and open a new explorer window, windows installer pops up with CSS trying to install the password manager.  No matter how many times i let it install, it occurs every time.  In addition, I keep receiving the 3 Chrome Registration Failed messages when starting firefox because the program continues to try and install the Think Vantage password manager, even when I try to cancle it.  Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Geoff   

Paper Tape
yaz81969

Re: Client Security - Password Manager reinstalling

This happens to me too! I don't have a fix, except to uninstall password manager. I tried re-installing it once again and it still does the same thing. It is a real showstopper because it even opening file manager causes a huge delay (minutes). I *think* it started happening when I had forgotten my user password (i had used finger print acces for so long I forgot the password) and i had to recover from that.

If anyone knows a way to fix this let us know (again, uninstall, re-install did NOT work).

thanks.

PS. Vista Business (no SP), Thinkpad T61, has all latest upgrades.
What's DOS?
mccmatt

i know for me (using firefox) all i had to do was right click and then select run as administrator which allows you to actually complete the installation once and then it shouldn't bug you again.  hope that helps!
Paper Tape
yaz81969

mccmatt,

Could you explain more about what you did. You said "all i had to do was right click and then select run as administrator which allows you to actually complete the installation once". What did you install? Can you provite the details? Thanks.
Paper Tape
IcarusGL

I experienced the same issue with IE 7 on Vista Ultimate SP1 after installing the packages referred to in Microsoft KB950124 and KB950125.

The following procedure worked for me:

1.       Run IE7 as Administrator.

2.       After completion of the CSS-Password Manager installation, restart the PC.

Hope this will help.

Giovanni