Support in other languages: 
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 247
Solutions: 136

Re: Client Security Solution and Word 2007

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your feedbacks. Seemingly, the new version of CSS may have issue since there are a lot of you face the same issue. I'll report it to the team at once and will keep you guys posted with any update.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Best regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Punch Card
ctaylor324

[ Edited ]

Add me to the list of those with problems. I have a T61p using Windows 7 x64, CSS 8.3.0031, and Office 2007 Enterprise. The bug occurs with and without Office 2007 SP2. There were two workarounds that would allow selection of text with the bug.

1. If you run MS Word with Administrator privileges (not just from an Admin account, but "run as administrator"), the bug went away. While it worked, having to run Word as an administrator to work around this is obviously a flawed concept. Dealing with UAC to run Word as an Admin is also annoying.

2. I was not able to select text when I first created and edited a document in Word. However, I noticed that once I saved the document, closed Word, and then reopened the document in Word that I could select text. This workaround functions, but is also annoying. This workaround also did not allow me to compose emails in Outlook 2007, since it uses Word as the text editor.

I uninstalled CSS 8.3, and the text selection functionality returned to normal.

Just for fun, I reloaded CSS 8.3. Not only did the bug return, but the Password Manager function of CSS was greyed out in the menu.  Next, I used System Restore to restore to before the point of adding CSS, then went and reinstalled CSS ... and the Password Manager was still greyed out.

The irony here is that Password Manager is the only reason I have to even install CSS.

Lenovo, please fix this.

Punch Card
ctaylor324

[ Edited ]

The best workaround I have found:

After restoring my system to the point right after loading CSS 8.3 then MS Office 2K7 Enterprise, I got Password Manager back

Then I opened CSS Password Manager and went into the Preferences menu.  I turned off Application support for Windows Applications and Internet Explorer, leaving only Firefox (which I greatly prefer to IE).  I also turned off hot keys just for the heck of it.

Then, I went into the CSS program and disabled Password Manager, logged off (no reboot), logged back on and turned Password Manager back on, logged off (no reboot) and logged back on.

WORD 2007 ALLOWS ME TO SELECT TEXT AND I CAN RUN PASSWORD MANAGER IN FIREFOX!

(for now....)

Fanfold Paper
ceecookie

Facing the same issue too..

Windows 7 Professional x64

Lenovo Thinkpad R400 2787-A31

Punch Card
wilsonf

Same issue here on Win7 x64 with Office 2007 + the latest Office service pack. I noticed incompatibility with PGP Desktop (the system hangs at startup when PGP Desktop loads and no functions of PGP Desktop, including opening PGP desktop will work). In trying to isolate the problem (uninstalling PGP to see if CSS worked) I noticed that CSS stopped working when I opened MS Word.

I hope this gets fixed.

The TMP chip is a very useful piece of hardware.

yjy
Paper Tape
yjy

I have the same problem.

T400s with Windows 7

CSS 8.3 (for Windows 7)

I am really happy to find out the reason for causing this problem.  Thank you very much.  I spent too much time on trying to fix Word 7.0, which turns out to be in vain.

Although the solution is not ready yet, I know where I should go for now.

Serial Port
skovron

[ Edited ]

Having the same issue. 

System:

• CSS 8.30.0031.00
  • Windows 7 Ultimate x64
  • Office 2007 Enterprise
  • T400 2764-CTO

Couple of additional points which may help narrow the problem for the developers:

1. Issue affects Outlook 2007 where Word is the default email editor

2. If you open Word 2007 (only application running) and enter some text WITHOUT pressing enter (ie adding a paragraph marker) you are able to highlight text.  As soon as I press the first enter (ie add a paragraph) I cannot use the mouse to highlight or select, although the mouse can be used outside the editor space for menus (not for URLs or embedded objects as they are within the editor.

--

Lenovo T420s, Windows 8 Pro x64, Intel 520 SSD
Serial Port
skovron

[ Edited ]

ctaylor324 wrote:

Then I opened CSS Password Manager and went into the Preferences menu.  I turned off Application support for Windows Applications and Internet Explorer, leaving only Firefox (which I greatly prefer to IE).  I also turned off hot keys just for the heck of it.

Picking up on the idea from ctaylor324 (thanks!) I took this change to preferences and run through some other combinations .. eventually found that if I ONLY disabled the HOT KEYS and left IE, Windows Apps and Firefox live I have a working solution!

So by disabling the hot keys I am able to have CSS work for IE, Windows and Firefox.

FYI .. I rebooted after each change in combination including this final set of preferences. 

Hope it helps. And look forward to a full solution with the next CSS update.

Thanks again ctaylor324

--

Lenovo T420s, Windows 8 Pro x64, Intel 520 SSD
yjy
Paper Tape
yjy

[ Edited ]

skovron wrote:

Picking up on the idea from ctaylor324 (thanks!) I took this change to preferences and run through some other combinations .. eventually found that if I ONLY disabled the HOT KEYS and left IE, Windows Apps and Firefox live I have a working solution!

So by disabling the hot keys I am able to have CSS work for IE, Windows and Firefox.

FYI .. I rebooted after each change in combination including this final set of preferences. 

Hope it helps. And look forward to a full solution with the next CSS update.

Thanks again ctaylor324

Thanks again for the ideas by skovron and ctaylor324.  The new approach suggested by skovron can be considered as a complete solution for me.  I can use CSS in Win 7 now without any compromise in functionalities.

T400s, Win 7 (32bit), Office 2007 SP2, CSS 8.3

Joe

What's DOS?
greg1m

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue, but it manifests by disabling text selection and disabling the right mouse context menu in the Outlook email editing pane (which is basically Word).

Disabling only the hotkeys setting in the password manager seems to have solved this problem for me as well.

Office 2007 SP2, Lenovo Thinkpad X60s, Windows7 32bit, CSS 8.3