Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 264
Solutions: 136

Re: Client Security Solution and Word 2007

Hi All,

Your feedback are really really useful. The engineers have been able to reproduce the case and they are working on it now as it is marked as hot issue.

Should you have any more suggestion, please share with us :smileyhappy:

With thanks,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

ctaylor324 wrote:

Just for fun, I reloaded CSS 8.3. Not only did the bug return, but the Password Manager function of CSS was greyed out in the menu.  Next, I used System Restore to restore to before the point of adding CSS, then went and reinstalled CSS ... and the Password Manager was still greyed out.

According to an engineer, CSS usually greys out because TPM(Security Chip) is not correctly managed. You are advised to clear the security chip in bios.

Steps to clear the security chip in bios:

1. Power off system
  2. Power on system and press F1 key to bios settings
  3. Go to Security and select "Clear Security Chip"
  4. Press Enter key to clear security chip
  5. Boot into windows and follow instruction from password manager

For more information, please refer to CSS Deployment guide.

Hope this solves your case.

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

The development team found the root cause (conflicts btw CSS and Office 2007) and are working on it to release a new fix in TVSU/web in few weeks time. Full cycle test needs to be done therefore more times are needed.

Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media

Fanfold Paper
Lukpol

Hi All

Same problem, works with disable option Password Manager.

Regards,

Luk

---------------------------------------------------------
R60e 0657-KDG, W7 ULT 64, OFFICE 2007, T7200 (2.00 GHZ), 4GB RAM, 250GB 5400rpm, 15in 1024x768 LCD, Intel 950, Wifi Intel 3945abg, 6c Li-Ion, bios 2.20
Serial Port
spicymeatball

I had this problem on my SL400 with Word 2007 as well.  Disabling Password Manager is the work around.

Serial Port
Randle

Re: Client Security Solution and Word 2007 / Outlook 2007 Text Selection

You don't need a restart or logging off.

Quick fix:

1. Go into Password Vault (in control panel or via icon or via typing in start menu)

2. Go to Set Preferences - untick Enable hot keys

3. Close Password Vault

4. Press Ctr+Alt+Delete and open Task Manager

5. End the Password_Manager.exe process

6. Open the Password Vault (in control panel or via typing in start menu)

All done! Password manager is enabled and word is working. You don't even need to close Word/Outlook!

This was killing me not being able to select text, highlight text, follow links in Outlook 2007 and so forth. Just when I'd finally got all my passwords back for firefox! I'm so glad I found this thread! Thanks guys!

Cleo_Lenovo

spicymeatball, Randle,

Thanks for your sharing! Great to have someone responds to an issue and share their thoughts especially offering a temporary fix is really helpful! Kudos!

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media

Serial Port
spicymeatball

thx for the kind words Cleo.

Thanks for refinement Randle, this is exactly what I needed.  I was so excited to have my Password Manager back; it's good to know that the issue is with Sticky Keys specifically.

Paper Tape
montegoearl

Please keep me posted when solution arrives. This has caused much frustration.

Thanks

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Jamisonia

I had no idea this was caused by Client Security Solution.  I've been e-mailing Microsoft back and forth about this, and they did give me a solution.

Well not really a solution but a work a round.

Go to program files --> Microsoft Office --> Office 12--> Right click on WinWord and click Run as Administrator it will work fine.  Its slightly annoying b/c you always have to deal with UAC prompts to run it as an adminstrator.  But this is work for you temporarily until CSS is fixed.  There is a way to make so that Word always runs as an administrator, but I've forgotten how to do it.  The lady at MS took control of my computer and did it, and told me it was probably my Virus Scanner that was preventing it from working.  Now I know its CSS.