Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
nuntawat

Re: Client Security Solution and Word 2007

[ Edited ]

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

Hi All,

The development team found the root cause (conflicts btw CSS and Office 2007) and are working on it to release a new fix in TVSU/web in few weeks time. Full cycle test needs to be done therefore more times are needed.

Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

Cleo

Please test the new CSS with the combination of Windows 7 both clean install and upgraded, Office 2007 with lasted hotfixes and previous version of CSS installed. Thanks a lot!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
nuntawat

Re: Client Security Solution and Word 2007 / Outlook 2007 Text Selection

[ Edited ]

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

spicymeatball, Randle,

Thanks for your sharing! Great to have someone responds to an issue and share their thoughts especially offering a temporary fix is really helpful! Kudos!

Regards,

Cleo

Thanks for their temporary solution! I can say that after Lenovo released CSS 8.3, I clean installed Windows 7 with all Lenovo drivers and applications including CSS 8.3 plus Office 2007 not less than 5 times without doubt that CSS 8.3 is the root cause!!! :smileymad:

Ctrl-Alt-Del
nuntawat

[ Edited ]

Randle wrote:

You don't need a restart or logging off.

Quick fix:

1. Go into Password Vault (in control panel or via icon or via typing in start menu)

2. Go to Set Preferences - untick Enable hot keys

3. Close Password Vault

4. Press Ctr+Alt+Delete and open Task Manager

5. End the Password_Manager.exe process

6. Open the Password Vault (in control panel or via typing in start menu)

All done! Password manager is enabled and word is working. You don't even need to close Word/Outlook!

This was killing me not being able to select text, highlight text, follow links in Outlook 2007 and so forth. Just when I'd finally got all my passwords back for firefox! I'm so glad I found this thread! Thanks guys!

Have you or anyone ever checked this solution for the case of Windows 7 x64 clean installation with CSS 8.3? I'd like to install it again, but I have no time to test it then revert and forth if the solution doesn't work. Thanks a lot for anyone's replies.

Paper Tape
Fastmarc

Thanks very much to the original poster.

The solution posted worked for me.

T500 Win 7 32bit.

802.11n
Eudoxus

[ Edited ]

It seems that this solution worken for me as well.  This bug really got to my nerves. 

Thanks for the solution.

Yes, and the solution worked for me on clean Windows 7 installation with CSS 8.3. 

ThinkPad T500 2242-CTO P8600 / 4GB RAM / WSXGA+ / HDD Fujitsu 7200rpm 1TB / 6 Cell Sony / Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
ThinkPad Tablet 2

ThinkPad X61s 7669-3KG Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
Serial Port
BaldwinHills

Guys and gals, is your Password Manager greyed out? Mine is not but will not populate web page log in fields. I'm also running Office 2007 and 64 bit W7. A caveat is I am dual booting with Vista 32 bit. I thought that might be the issue.

Can the Lenovo rep here confirm if dual booting and running CSS on both Vista 32 (and Office 2003) and W7 64 is OK, irrespective of the bug with the latest CSS 8.3? CSS on my Vista OS works flawlessly.

Serial Port
BaldwinHills

Dual boot clean install. Following the suggestion, all works like a charm. Amazing Lenovo support telling me things, anything, and another user solves it. the PWM even works in a dual boot environment.

Serial Port
BaldwinHills

Randle, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. You resolved 2 things for me. Directly the Word CSS issue and indirectly whether CSS PWM works in a dual boot environment. I called into Lenovo and no one there was intelligent enough to provide and answer. The usual BS things like uninstall, etc. Such idiots over at Lenovo support now. Thanks again!!!!!!

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 77
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 125

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Pertaining to the conflict between CSS 8.3 and MS Word/Outlook 2007, a hints and tips page is created as a temporary workaround recommended by the development team. Please visit here.

The recommended suggestions:

1. disable the hotkey feature of the Password Manager program OR
  2. completely disable the Password Manager program.

For your information, the team is working on the testing of the new fix and should there be no issues, we shall publish it at once. :smileyhappy:

Best regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Ctrl-Alt-Del

Re: Client Security Solution and Word 2007

Solved here disabling ThinkVantage Client Secutiry Password Manager (v8.30.0032), after more than one week fighting with the problem and testing many alternatives.

Working Conditions here: Lenovo ThinkPad X301 4Gb RAM SSD  + Lenovo ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse + Windows 7 Pro 32 bit + Office Suite 2007 + Outlook 2007.