Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
LNahid2000
Accepted Solution

Client Security Solution and Word 2007

[ Edited ]

I have discovered an issue with the Client Security Solution when run in conjunction with Word 2007.  I noticed today that whenever I run Word 2007, I cannot select text when the CSS Password Manager is also running.  If the CSS Password Manager is not running, Word 2007 works fine.  This is the most bizarre conflict I have ever seen between programs and I can no longer use CSS because of it.  I hope this can be fixed soon.  Is anyone else having the same problem?

Fanfold Paper
viktu

Re: Client Security Solution and Word 2007

Same problem here :smileyfrustrated: Had to uninstall it to continue working.

Token Ring
draco2527

Add me to the list!!!

If I save and re-open the document it works fine, until I finalize the next change and it happens all over again!

FWIW: My access connection is having issues as well (the Fn+F5) feature works and tells me that my "switch" is enabled however the Wi-Fi card is not receiving power (off) I click on "ON" and nothing happens....if I re-boot everything is operational. I have not had the time to check and see if it is related to CSS as well...

Currently own: X220T, X201, X200, T61 X2, X61T X3

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 252
Solutions: 136

Hi All,

May i know the version of the CSS? Is it Windows 7 CSS 8.3 ? 32 bit or 64 bit? Would love to know more in detailed for i could report to the development team.

Thanks!

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Fanfold Paper
viktu

Of course! In my case, it was CSS 8.3 (downloaded from http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/license.do?filename=thinkvantage_en/z905zis1032us00.exe) 32 bit version.

Windows 7 Enterprise Spanish with English language pack, with all patches installed, and Office 2007 English version, with all patches.

Mouse will not work after working for a minutes in Office Word 2007, need to restart word, and again stops working.

Tryied all microsoft tips related to this bug (remove all word registry data, remove all add-ins) with no luck.

Created new user profile, no luck.

As problem started after installing CSS, removed CSS and everything was working again.

If you need more info, just let me know :smileywink:

Thanks

Punch Card
LNahid2000

[ Edited ]

I am using the latest version of CSS for Windows 7.  This problem did not occur until I moved to Windows 7 and installed the new CSS.  Also, I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

Fanfold Paper
turkington

I have the same problem (Word won't let you sleect text with the mouse, gives error beep...) and went back to the MSI edited version of CSS 8.22.

Punch Card
ragco

I had the same problem (T61, upgraded from Vista Ult to Win 7 Ult) after installing Client Security 8.3. In both Word and Outlook 2007 (email editing), I would lose the mouse's cursor functionality. After hours on the phone with Microsoft, and checking out each service after a reboot, we discovered that CSS 8.3 was causing my problem. Once I unistalled the program, my problem went away.

Punch Card
s47896

Me too! Upgraded my T400 to Windows 7 64 bit via custom install and spent two days trying to get MS Word editor to work on Word and Outlook 2007. Same  as others - could not use cursor/mouse for text selection etc.  Thanks to LNahid2000 and everyone for posting. Uninstalling CSS 8.3 cures the problem. I trust Lenove will be providing a working version soon.

What's DOS?
mendible

Same Issue my system is a Lenovo X300 windows 7 Pro 64bit  and CSS 8.3.