Support in other languages: 
Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Connecting Access Connection and Power Manager

Hi,

this is not the situation, that I was experiencing in here.
However, in case it's needed for your system to run the .exe file twice, then try to add the command twice into the AC list of applicaitons, that should be started when profile is activated.

Rgrds

3DD
Punch Card
3DD

Hi Herik,

So I tested it again and ended up with the same result.  I tested by running PWRPOL.EXE directly, not from Access Connection.  What I also did was that I took the original pwrpol.ini in the .ZIP file and only modified the name of the profile and the ProhibitModification setting (so I could change it and delete it).  I ran it 3 times and the display brightness setting did not change.  I then opened the Power Manager and select another profile (without clicking OK or Apply) and select the PWRPOL profile, and then the display brightness adjusted (with the on-screen graphic indication).

One thing that came in mind as I re-read the "Energy Star 4.0 Compliance - ThinkPad" page.  Even though the page does not have a list of systems supported, I noticed that my system, a T60p, is not listed in the "System BIOS Update" section, the graphics card, ATI FireGL, is also not listed in the "power sensitive drivers" section. So...

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

might be a clue, however right now I'm not sure, whether I have tested it with or without ATI. Have to check again.

However, wil let you know once I'll find anything.

If you find something, then I'm ready to lear a leason :smileywink:

Rgrds