Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
hwso1129
Accepted Solution

Continuous Internet Connection in Sleep Mode?

Hi,

According to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG54XLHV5dg (at 1:52) it is possible to maintain the wireless internet connection in sleep mode.

Where can I enable this option? Access Connections?

Thanks in advance.

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Continuous Internet Connection in Sleep Mode?

I haven't watched the video.  Too lazy...

Is the feature you are asking about instant resume?

Configuring Instant Resume

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

[ Edited ]

zoltanthegypsy wrote:

Is the feature you are asking about instant resume?

No, it's not that.  A lot of the release publicity material (around February 2011) around the Sandy Bridge based ThinkPad models referred to being able to maintain wireless connections in sleep mode for up to 99 minutes (or some similar wording), but I've never seen any discussion on how you'd actually do it?!?

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Token Ring
hwso1129

Thanks for your replies

I was referring to the feature that billbolton has explained in his previous post.

This feature allows us to maintain connection in sleep mode so that it will be possible to save the trouble of connecting to the same hotspot or network after you wake up from the sleep mode.

I believe this feature can be used on my ThinkPad with 2nd Generation Intel Core i5.

Any sensible replies will be appreciated.

hwso1129

Token Ring
hwso1129

I have found the solution myself.

To use this feature, you have to enter Lenovo's Power Manager.

If the power manager is not set to "Basic", switch to "Basic" to see the menu option.

On the left panel of the program, there will be an option called "Change what closing the lid does and enable InstantResume to stay online"

There, you will be able to enable the feature and change the period of time for keeping the network connection active.

hwso1129

Token Ring
hwso1129

It seems like I have missed zoltanthegypsy's link, which actually leads me to what I was searching for.

Thanks, zoltanthegypsy.
Serial Port
orangebuddha

hwso1129 wrote:

To use this feature, you have to enter Lenovo's Power Manager.

If the power manager is not set to "Basic", switch to "Basic" to see the menu option.

FYI, its also possible to access it from the advanced interface in Power Manager.

Under the "Global Power Settings" tab, at the bottom of the "Events" section is a box to enable InstantResume. The Advanced... button to the right leads you to the same dialog box that allows you to set the networks and period of time to remain active.