Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
680x0

Create Recovery Discs... error verifying =/

Hello all,

I wish I hadn't started this so late in the evening, but I've been burning Vista Business 32-bit recovery discs via Lenovo's shortcut in the start menu, and I've burned 4 discs so far (Verbatim CD-R's), and now when trying to burn Product Recovery Disc 4, I keep getting errors. The first disc failed during burn, and now the subsequent 3 discs have failed during the verify stage... I'm using an IBM external CD drive because my X61 has no optical drive.

I only have 2 blank discs left... do I just go and buy some different brand to see if they work? If I call Lenovo tomorrow can I get free recovery discs sent? I don't want to interrupt the process and risk ruining my ability to burn the discs (which is important because I have Lenovo's Windows 7 upgrade discs on the way) so I'll leave the error message and program open and just put the laptop into standby I guess :smileysad:

Paper Tape
680x0

Re: Create Recovery Discs... error verifying =/

Well I called in to Lenovo Remote Tech Support and the first guy wasn't helpful, and the second guy actually created a case for me but it basically ended up to be either I try again, or pay $40-$60 for the recovery media =/

I'm going to try using a friend's external DVD burner (my X61 has no internal optical drive of course) and burn it on DVDs versus CDs.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: Create Recovery Discs... error verifying =/

Hi,

yes with a different Recovery CDs it will work.,
The only thing, then what will stay left is to make sure, that you also reinstall the drivers, as they might not match.

Cheers