Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
brandy

Enhanced Security Question

After Installing the option "Enhanced Security" in the Thinkvantage tools I get this error on each restart:

"There was a problem connecting to the TPM (security device) on this computer. It is possible that anti-virus or firewall software is blocking the connection. A missing or disabled device driver could also cause this problem. Please refer to the online documentation for more information."

I already did what other topics suggested, make sure TPM is enabled in the BIOS, reset the security settings, uninstalled antivirus, etc.

TPM is enabled as far as I can see from the Intel Management and Security Status

There is also an option EnableTPM inside the Cliente Security Solution folder after installtion inside the Lenovo program folder and when I open it it gives the option to disable TPM and says its enabled already.

So what is causing this issue?

I think I downloaded the Client Security Solution or Password manager directly from Lenovo website and it gave an error about being 32 bits, I think or i suspect some files or drives are still in the system, and this must be the reason.

If someone can tell me a way to remove or wipe all Client Security files I can try to install it again from the ¨Think Vantage tools.

I really need to use the password manager. If someone can help me, please I appreciate it.

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 91
Solutions: 91

Re: Enhanced Security Question

Try enabling manually yourself from the BIOS. Shutdown your system first, enter BIOS ,

thereafter do this:-

Security -> Security Chip -> Enable

While you're at it, also try clearing the chip from there. 

Security -> Security Chip -> Clear security chip

Don't forget to save changes before exiting BIOS.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Client-Security-Solution-does-not-activate-the...

Hope This Helps
Cheers!!!

Lenovo Employee
hzfdbd

Re: Enhanced Security Question

Hello,

You could use the stand-alone Password Manager.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&DocID=DS024984

Uninstall the Client Security Solution from your system.

And install Password Manager.