Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Angelove

HOW to use Message Center Plus???

after i setup the app, there's no desktop icon, no folders in Programs.

i found it in C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Message Center Plus

but theres no response after i run it.(the MessageCenterPlus.exe)

can anyone help?

Agotthelf
Topics: 145
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Re: HOW to use Message Center Plus???

Hello Angelove,

this behavior seems normal:

quote from the official Message Center download page:

"Note: Message Center Plus disables certain features of Message Center.

After installing Message Center Plus:

• Message Center will no longer be launched automatically when Windows(R) starts.
  • The Message Center icon will no longer appear in the system notification area.
  • The link to Message Center will be removed from the Start menu.
  • You can still view Message Center messages by manually launching the Message Center executable from the installation folder, for example: "C:\Program Files\ThinkVantage\AMSG\Amsg.exe" /view"

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
Angelove

then, what dose "Message Center Plus" actually do? only disable something old with 10MB installing file?
Punch Card
Kamika007z

I too am confused on this application's usage.

There is no shortcut on the start menu, nor does the application function as the OP stated when you go to it's installed path.

The only thing I see it do thus far is disable the original application called "Message Center".

Perhaps this application is set to run in May as System Updater stated recently?

Any info would be great.

Thanks all!

Fanfold Paper
oskarbosch

Just installed Message Center Plus as well.

Also had totally no feedback on what was installed.

No manuals. No information. Nothing.

Whoever decided to make the application behave as it does, please next time provide some kind of manual or explanation on how this piece of software works.

Punch Card
FrankS123

Here's some insight into what Message Center Plus did for me in XP, but it's not what you might expect.

I installed it on 5/1 in the wee hours.  Later that morning I got a popup saying this....

"Don't lose your data!  We notice you are using your local hard drive Rescue & Recovery backups.  Save drive space and protect your data by using an external USB hard drive for backups."

There was a rather spammy [Get One Now!] button in the popup window as well.

I was hoping for a communication about alternative solutions for System Update.  This obviously wasn't it.  I could tolerate the disappointment but after thinking about the message I got a creepy feeling that Ninja salesmen were standing behind me every time I used the machine, tapping me on the shoulder or sending a popup whenever I did something $uspiciou$ly $ellable.
As it turned out, one Ninja was loitering in XP's Event Viewer.  If you open Event Viewer you will likely see an item named "Lenovo-Message Center Plus/Admin".  Mine had the following event....

Event Type:    Information
Event Source:    Lenovo-Message Center Plus/Admin
Event Category:    (32)
Event ID:    32
Date:        5/1/2009
Time:        11:10:10 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    FRANKS_LAPTOP
Description:
ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery is reporting the user is saving all his backups to an internal HDD. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

In my view, this is exploiting my misfortune over losing SU.  If this is one of the future offerings Lenovo promised, then all they've managed to do is add insult to injury and alienate this user.  Furthermore, the Ninja isn't even doing a good job:-)  Most of my backups are in fact made to another hard disk, using the Ultra Bay, and then stored offline.  I made only one test backup using Lenovo's R&R, the rest with Acronis.  Maybe next they'll want me to install Ninja Update Plus.
Punch Card
Kamika007z

Sorry to be so blunt but, is it safe to say that this application is worthless?
Paper Tape
larse

Seems that the counterpart of "Message Center Plus" application is not in place yet. The plan was to have it availble mid of may (2009, 2010, .... )...

I have to agree: that does not make things better :smileysad:

Cheers,

Lars

Serial Port
davodavo

I am unable to get Message Center Plus to install.  But then again, I didn't have the original Message Center installed so maybe I should consider myself lucky.

The error message from the Message Center Plus installer (downloaded 5/30/09) is: "internall error 25002".  The installer doesn't even get far enough to create a proper installer wizard.

JaneL