Support in other languages: 
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

How are you launching SimpleTap?

Lenovo SimpleTap has several different options for launching it:

1.  you can click on the red dot near the top-right of the screen (and you can move the dot along the edge of the screen wherever you want it)

2.  you can use the 2-finger-double-tap gesture on the touchpad

3.  you can click on the pinned taskbar icon

4.  (for systems with a touchscreen) you can use the 2-finger-double-tap gesture on the screen

How are you launching SimpleTap?  Which methods have you tried and which ones work best for you? 

Lenovo appreciates your valuable feedback.

Punch Card
michele654

Re: How are you launching SimpleTap?

click on the red dot. nearly all the time, although sometimes the red dot gets lost, then I have to 2 finger-double-tap on the screen. I have an X200T, no touchpad.
Punch Card
jkriegel

The red dot, when it appears. Lately, it is not appearing on start-up.  I have to first launch SimpleTap from the programs pane in Windows the first time.  After that, the red dot comes up.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

jkriegel,

There is a patch for that issue, please download the attached zip and run the EXE inside it.

Punch Card
jkriegel

Many thanks!

Punch Card
jkriegel

Since the recent SimpleTap update (Jan., 2012), I get multiple red launch point dots.  Every time I re-boot, a new one appears over or near the old ones.  I now have 3.  Should I delete that previously-installed fix that made sure a launch point appeared at start up?

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

jkriegel,

I could not reproduce it but I guess it is possible that the patch for the previous version of SimpleTap is causing this behavior.  Please check the following:

1.  From the start menu, type "Schedule tasks"

2.  Open Task Scheduler Library -> Lenovo -> SimpleTap

3.  How many tasks are there for "Start SimpleTap"?  There should only be 1.  If there are more than 1, then delete the others.

Let me know if that fixes the problem...

Punch Card
jkriegel

Thanks!  There were two, so I deleted the second.

Punch Card
jeffkinnh

I launch from the task bar icon. I found the red screen dot visually annoying and obscured some things. I use a docked system with a monitor and wireless keyboard so the gestures don't work. The task bar is not in the way, not visually distracting, and accessible everywhere.

I had looked at Simple Tap and frankly was turned off by all the preloaded junk in it. It seemed like more of a markeing tool. I started to pin a lot of stuff to my start menu and was thinking it was looking crowded. Then I started to think again about Simple Tap. I'm still making up my mind.

Token Ring
bladebarrier

I used to use the dot, then the double tap, but never both. The Dot is annoying, but it's consistant. The double tap sometimes had issues working unless I launched it manually the first time (so I added it to Windows startup manually which seemed to help.

I would have considered using Simple Tap more if it didn't come preloaded with all the crap. It takes a good 30 minutes just to clear out all the nonsense. I mostly used it for settings, a few shortcuts to apps and webpages, and that's it. It's kind of neat, but it's like a 1980's version of Metro.

With Windows 8, I've completely stopped using it, though I can still see it serving a purpose for some users.

If I were going to use it again, I would add it to the metro start menu, and call it a day. It would still be handy for adjusting settings. That's about it.