Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
kalnoc

How do I hide or delete a deferred update?

[ Edited ]
I acidentally deferred an update that I meant to hide. I cannot figure out how to hide or delete it from the deferred list in System Update (latest version). This is on a T500 2081 running Vista 64.
Message Edited by kalnoc on 02-13-2009 10:21 AM
Ctrl-Alt-Del
garga

Re: How do I hide or delete a deferred update?

I know it's an old thread but I would like to get the answer to this one as well.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: How do I hide or delete a deferred update?

Hi,
sorry, somehow I missed this thread :smileysad:

Anyway, as first it's needed to define, what exactly you mean with "hide defered updates"?
Here is the situation, that is happeneing when using TVSU:
- once you start TVSU and defer, or update your system using some updates, then these updates are stored and downloaded to following direction:
%programfiles%\Lenovo\System Update\session
There you surelly see multiple folders, that are the same, as the name of the update package.

Ok, now you downoad an update with the defered option. So what happens is that this file is downloaded into this location. Now if you forget to install this deffered update and in meantime a new version of this particular update will be released, then you can start TVSU and again deffer this same update (but with newer version). In this situation, the old version will be no longer seen and you will have only the latest version visible, BUT the older version will not be deleted. It will still reside in the above mentioned location.

Please specify, what exactly you want to achieve.

Cheers